• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pan drain plug free.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok there are two plugs one for the bellhousing and one for the oil pan. The shorter is for the bell housing / fording so as not to hit the starter ring with the threads. Now mine came with the shorter one installed in the oil pan and not one for the bell housing. Mine someone used a bad ratchet or something and damaged the center but I was still able to get it out. Ordered an oil pan drain plug to replace the bad one and they sent me the longer one. Went to change the oil and the longer plug would not screw in all the way. There must be damage to the threads deep in the pan. That is ok because I call MWM and John sent me the shorter one for the bellhousing that has been working just fine for the oil pan. I am not going to pull the pan or get a thread chaser to repair the upper threads in my pan as said the shorter one works just fine. So just remember use a good square 1/2' something that will go in all the way and not damage the plug. OK deal free oil pan drain plug if you are the first person to tell me what this hood ornament came off of. And free means no shipping cost Free and it was never fully installed so crush washer is still uncrushed.

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not know, bought it and some other trim at a flea market 20 years ago. OK update post I found this pic and it does show 1049 plane / wings look like a match to mine with the wings and fuselage the same length. Guess we have a winner need name and address.

Attachments

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was going to make some kind of art work with it and the other trim that looks like swords. Now they just sit collecting dust.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only reason I recognized it is due to having one sitting in my family's auto body shop------ Those are the right type and style of cars that hot rodders (like my father in law) use to make "Lead Sleds" (technically though, the lead sled moniker originally belonged to mercs, iirc). So, to quote Ralphie from The Christmas Story: "Some men are Catholics, others Baptists, but my father (or in this case, my father in law) is an Oldsmobile man"

Z

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks