• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pressure gauge question

Glider

My oil pressure gauge went to full pressure with switch turned on but engine not running and stayed at full pressure with engine running. Turn switch off goes to no pressure. It was this way when purchased and I have put about 5000 miles on truck. I ordered a new gauge and installed it. I also cleaned connections when installing. The new gauge shows no pressure regardless of switch position or if engine running. Im a little confused that the 2 gauges had opposite results. If results were the same I would immediately look at the sending unit. Has anyone ran into this problem? I also have done the grounding kit. All other gauges operate correctly.

Action

My oil pressure gauge went to full pressure with switch turned on but engine not running and stayed at full pressure with engine running. Turn switch off goes to no pressure. It was this way when purchased and I have put about 5000 miles on truck. I ordered a new gauge and installed it. I also cleaned connections when installing. The new gauge shows no pressure regardless of switch position or if engine running. Im a little confused that the 2 gauges had opposite results. If results were the same I would immediately look at the sending unit. Has anyone ran into this problem? I also have done the grounding kit. All other gauges operate correctly.
Check for thread tape where the sender screws in. It needs a good ground to engine. A ground harness wont fix that.

Glider

Looks like it does have thread tape on 2 joints. What type of sealant? RTV?
Okay well I've solved the problem. I guess I should do a little research before I start posting. I was going to use some alligator clips to make a ground from engine to sending unit to see if the Teflon thread was causing poor connection. I noticed the connection looked loose on sending unit. Turns out the female part of the connector was broken! It's working with alligator clips. Now just need to find a good connector

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks