• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pressure gauge wiring

acesneights1

My deuce has low oil pressure and think there is a gauge issue. Truck came to me with a Faria that was stuck all the way right. Upon removal looked like top of it was melted. I smacked it and needle went left. I took an older period correct gauge(SW I think) from another one and put it in and now it goes to 30 and does not move much at higher than idle which seems low to me.
lookimg at this schematic it shows 27 as power ? And 36 to sender but in reality it seems like 27 is for illumination.
yes I do have it grounded.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...uce-schematic!&p=354820&viewfull=1#post354820

acesneights1

Also gonna put a test gauge on it tonight but just confused how it gets power if 27 is supplying the illumination.

Barrman

The M35 gauges don't have illumination wiring. They have power and they have a sender wire. Ground is through the panel screws which is often a cause of erratic gauge readings. Illumination is from the clear sides in the gauges getting fed red light from the two lights for the entire gauge panel.

Wire # 27 is supposed to be power into the all the gauges through the multi legged wiring harness secured to the back of the speedometer. Often called the "spider wire." When sitting in the cab, looking at the dash. The power in wire is on the left of all the gauges.

Wire #36 goes from the gauge to the oil pressure sender.

Wire # 40 is the instrument panel light circuit.

Here is a list of all the wires and what they do:

http://olive-drab.com/od_mseries_circuits.php

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the 0-60 and 0-120 gauges use different sender units.

Check what you have is matched to the gauge.

Carl_in_NH

I find it interesting that the Olive-Drab numbering and the linked schematic are clearly in disagreement with each other when it comes to the illumination circuitry numbering. Anyone know which one is correct?

acesneights1

the 0-60 and 0-120 gauges use different sender units.

Check what you have is matched to the gauge.
Hmm....someone did put the newer Faria gauge in but it was not connected. Anyway to tell the difference in the sending units themselves ?

acesneights1

The M35 gauges don't have illumination wiring. They have power and they have a sender wire. Ground is through the panel screws which is often a cause of erratic gauge readings. Illumination is from the clear sides in the gauges getting fed red light from the two lights for the entire gauge panel.

Wire # 27 is supposed to be power into the all the gauges through the multi legged wiring harness secured to the back of the speedometer. Often called the "spider wire." When sitting in the cab, looking at the dash. The power in wire is on the left of all the gauges.

Wire #36 goes from the gauge to the oil pressure sender.

Wire # 40 is the instrument panel light circuit.

Here is a list of all the wires and what they do:

http://olive-drab.com/od_mseries_circuits.php
I could swear when I unplugged the 27 wire the light went out but been working long hours and my memory isn't so great.
i'm trying to get this truck and my 813 whipped into shape by May for a big fundraiser for a Marine Corp detachment.
been working long hours on them and a third deuce owned by a close friend who is also gonna do the fundraiser.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clean and read the sender, it says what it is. iirc...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks