• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pressure question

Jesse6325

I have a bit of a question,,, When I first got Big green ugly My oil pressure ran at around 45 lbs cold and backed off to 35 when at operating temp (165 to 180). Now my oil pressure is at 50 cold and 45 at operating temp.
I did change the oil and filters about a month after I got the truck, Also installed a spin on oil filter kit(march 2012) but The pressure only came up about a month ago. For what it's worth I still have the electric sending unit on the oil pressure gauge.
Anybody care to hazard a guess why my oil pressure went up?
Truck still runs wonderful, Took her on a 40 mile ride earlier this evening.

Flyingvan911

Did the oil pressure rise when you changed the oil? Did you go from 30 weight oil to 15w40? Maybe the sender was slightly clogged and running the truck removed the obstruction?

Jesse6325

It did it a couple of months after I changed the oil. Used Rotella 15/40 with 1 gallon of Lucas oil stabilizer and the pressure didn't come up then. I am thinking Flyinvan is right, just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar happen to them.
I do try to drive it at least once a week for about 20 miles or so.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks