• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Stains on CARC, how to remove?

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Purple power full strength and pressure wash will clean it the best it will come tan the hardest to keep clean will that flat porous paint will hold everything. So clean and touch up paint.

zout

I use a product from Flynn Distributing (has a web site) and its a green degreaser.
It takes the grease stains out of the house carpet when I screw up and too lazy to take my shoes off - does not hurt the carpet or discolors it - it eats grease and oil.
I have a white baseball cap and after spraying that down when it is full of grease stains its perfectly white again - use it on my cloths as well before washing.

We use it at the shop for getting grease and oil stains out of the white trucks finish - does not hurt clear coat or paint and removes the stains even.

Its what I used to wash PB's engine with after doing the body work.
He will ship it and it comes in spray quart bottles.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cover the clean areas with oil to match.

Or, when I blew a hydraulic hose on the M819 I used hot water and Dawn dish soap with a brush. It did pretty well.

KansasBobcat

A difficult problem. The older the CARC, the harder it is to clean. A perfect hand print on side of 998 in the 383 green. I tried Dawn, acetone, lacquer thinner, simple green and nothing worked completely..Was going to repaint anyway but tried RAPCO 383 without priming for touchup. The print could still be seen! However, after priming and then painting it was covered but of course did not match the old adjacent CARC very well. I've learned to be careful where I touch, especially with oily gloves!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hot water running gently over it. Takes a while, and wastes both water and the power used to heat it....

Oil is lighter than water so will float up and the water will carry it away. The heat from the hot water decreases oil's viscosity and helps this along.

Works best on horizontal surfaces. I've got oil stains out of concrete driveways this way, as well as the bed of cargo trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks