• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok, I can't find it. What is this trailer?

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trying to find out what model this trailer is. Can't come up with anything. Hoping the collective hivemind here can help me out with a number so I can search for the dimensions and particulars of it. [thumbzup]

Attachments

Last edited:

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I realize after reading some on the interwebs probably not best choice right now. Thanks for all the quick info.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A similar trailer on a diet would be the M1061 or M1061A1. 12 and 14 ft beds respectively. Still chunkyy at 5800# but much better that 10'000#.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you own a deuce, this is NOT the trailer you want to buy to haul stuff around on. Way too much weight in the ass end to be pulling. 5-ton truck at the minimum.

Also, the deck is very high - not recommended for using as a vehicle hauler, the center of gravity would be very high, and prone to rollovers. Would be good for hauling material like I-beams, or pallet loads of bricks, stuff that is dense enough to be a load in and of itself, without the height of a vehicle.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought an M1061A1 not long ago and I am excited to use it. I have not pulled it yet, but I guess they are heavy. I think I will be happy with it behind my Deuce. I just wont be in a hurry to go anywhere though. :) That M345 trailer would make a nice addition to a 5 ton though.

Last edited:

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had an M989 now, for several years, and pulled it all over with Medusa. It has a little more deck (about 18'), and has a full modern air brake system, and weighs about half what that other trailer does.DSCN0003.jpgDSCN0003.jpgA Deuce air system in good shape, will handle it well. I did put a Tractor Protection Valve in, for parking.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks