• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma to Georgia Area: Partial 15% of M1009 Fiberglass Top

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for a ride for a partial M1009 CUCV fiberglass top. The top has been cut and only the front 15% remains so it is only about "24" deep and should weigh approximately 50lbs. It still is the full width. The picture below represents what it would look like.

Would fit in the back of a pickup or back of an SUV.

The top is at Warthogs in Oklahoma City and needs to get to the state of GA or the Georgia Rally.

Get back to me if you are heading east.

Thank You

Attachments

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone from the Dallas area heading to the GA rally? I'm making a quick trip to The east side of Dallas very soon.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warthog do you have any pictures? I am going to post your travel plans in the buy sell and ga rally thread to see if we get any bites:)

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent the day at OKC Auction services working on a couple of thier trucks. If all else fails they can get a good price on shipping. Still holding out hope for the SS Delivery Network to come thru.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Swiss, give OKC Auction Services a call, if you can't get it done otherwise.
They did me a solid when I bought three PA systems a few years ago out there. They put it in with a shipment going to Teds in Dothan and I drove down there and picked them up. They have stuff going all over.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe if the transportation costs are too high, we can pay Joe to come to the GA Rally and deliver it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the SS Express Network is coming thru for delivery. Wreckerman is swinging thru OKC and heading back east.

Every wonder what the inside of a M1009 top looks like? The rear window has a metal brace that goes around the opening and is glued and riveted. The rest of the top went to the dumpster

top1.jpgtop2.jpgtop3.jpgtop4.JPGtop5.JPG

zout

Heck I Might be out of a job here shortly - I might be able to just take a stroll over there to screw around and just pick it up - not saying it will ever come back to GA or not - but !!!!!!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to drift too far off topic but I'm curious. What kind of act of God or congress would it take to get Warthog to a GA Rally?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks