• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old gasser? Found in overgrowth, what ya think?

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey "Gents",
Came across this in the weeds. Seems to have been left and ignored for quite some time. Was wondering if anyone had a word or two to share with me about a possible purchase. I have yet to "look" at it, don't know what they will ask for it. Was wondering if it would be worth the time and effort to recover and bring home. I don't have a large enough trailer, sooooooooo tow bar? Pm or post any insight would be greatly appreciated!
God bless!
Tony:D

Attachments

citizensoldier

Looks complete and not to rusty but hard to be sure the pictures are not that great. You could pull the rear drive shafts and pay a wrecker to haul it. Is it far from you? I would agree don't tow bar it. Worth about $500 and worth saving for sure..

AMGeneral

I agree with Westy and Lane,definetly a M211,judging by the bumper placment,it is(or was) a winch model,If it's not too hacked up and the engine/trans is still OK probably $500 to $800 if it has a good clear title.

for some reason these GMCs are really starting to come outta the woodwork lately.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check out the body for rust, find out who owns it if you can and see what the story is and how much they want. I don't think it is worth much.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you Gentlemen! I really appreciate your assistance and knowledge! From what I am told, it "ran when parked". It is a winch model. Don't believe there is a title. Don't know what the state of Illinois would say about a vehicle that old. Would have to check. It's some distance away, so would have to probably trailer it. From what you are saying, it's worth more as scrap than a complete military vehicle. What a shame! I will go take a look this weekend and get some better pictures and post 'em if anyone is interested besides me-self. THANKS AGAIN for the shared input and advice, it is GREATLY appreciated!
God bless,

Tony:D

emr

sadly it is not worth much unless U have experience with these trucks, they are a night mare if U are not knowledgeable about them and there problems, they are great for those who have the dedication to support this particular series, and they who do should always be commended. I for one say thanks, i LOVE em. !! the price to get it home for most is what it is worth, so my opinion is free. and then just be advised most who take these on in the past just end up moving them to another parking spot. and thats about it. but hey If u can do it... do it for sure, experience has to start somewhere, all the best , just ask alot about them from the guys here, there are some really really nice ones on this site, probably the nicest I have ever seen....[thumbzup] [thumbzup]

lonegunman

It would be a crying shame to scrap the thing, especially when it was running. There looks like enough to do a really decent restoration or get it road worthy with a moderate amount of work. I think half the recommendations for scrap are guys needing parts.

Oldfart

I an appreciate everyones opinion that this old truck is only worth $500, but I just participated in a GSA auction where several M211's sold for nearly $1500 each. When we went to collect what we bought, I was stunned to find that these and some M35 gassers that sold for the same amount were purchased by a scrapper for immediate shipment to the shredder. Either the Iron Yard made a large mistake or the price of scrap iron has just gone up.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's some more photos I took today. What do you guys think? Don't really "know" what to do for or with her. Anyone really interested? She looks straight, clean, very little rust, and complete! Hate to see her destroyed. She goes this coming Monday, the 15th.

Attachments

pa.rich

I have one. Always starts if the batteries are good. Drives well. Plan on working more on the wheel cylinders, but now someone wants to buy it. Needs a water pump. Have all the brake parts for it. The fella isnt ready to buy it because he is relocating to this area. He says he wants it, so I wait! I'm too busy to work on it. Winter is coming so it will sit. Wish it was inside an old barn.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I will place a small "standing bid" on her. I don't have alot of "extra" these days. Who does? If anyone wants to buy her, let me know. I have enough going with the "Raven Deuce" and the M1061a1 that I recently acquired. She really does look like a "easy" save though.

Attachments

citizensoldier

OK now with more pictures its definitely worth saving. The winch and PTO off that truck are worth $500 to $1000. $1500 would be fair for it IMO. Soon they will all be gone never to be produced like that again.. Save it if you can! I am sure you would not sit on it long if you decided you did not want it. Many on here including me are interested.

tm america

i'm interested in it ..pm me .I have a tow bar and some extra tires to throw on it if needed..we can play good cop bad cop with the guy to get it cheap .. make him a low ball offer and we can play with the price with him if he doesnt take it....i would even be willing to give you a finders fee

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks