• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

old yella M62 wrecker

joeM62

i'm gonna fire up old yella for the last time, i gotta turn her around for the guy that is towing her thursday and she's gonna make her trip to a new home. now my wife wants a duce now ,great now she be after mine duce.

rofl. One deuce is never enough atleast this means you can get a pair of them. i got your truck all prepped and in front of the shop. troop seats and ladder is in the back. Guys randy is gonna hook to old yeller first thing in the morning and head this way with her. she will now be to her new home and be heading towards a full restoration and a life of usage vs sitting in a yard killing grass :D. when randy drops her off he will hook back up to the deuce and head to joes with it. i was gonna post pics of it for joe but i forgot the camera at the shop.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats the deal with this Randy dude? I thought you were going to fetch this Darrell?

i was planning on it kenny. but it is running like dog poop.. and best way to be able to really drive it home and easiest vs cleaning the tank and new fuel lines and filters was to run a auxilary tank and bypass fuel filter to get it home. but Randy is a guy that lives about 5 miles from joe that has a wrecker service that is the one that actually brought it to joes in the first place. and the price he gave me to haul it is just a little more then it would cost in gas to drive it home. so i just figured we would save the hassles of trying to get it running in middle of joes yard to bring it to my shop were i got concrete floors and proper tools handy.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Good decision in my opinion offy. Ya just never know when an ole warhorse will just sit down and say "I aint agoinna move"!!!
Ask me how I know...
Please just take your time and treat her with respect and she will come back to life quite nicely I betcha.

FreightTrain

Banned
wimp....where is your sense of adventure.......No wonder you couldn't hang with the wreckerman recoveries.I have NEVER been left out in the cold by a MV.They have always got me home no matter what!Well,My 1st deuce did blow a turbo but it still got me to the race car shop blowing some MASSIVE smoke and oil out the stack.If it was't for the Fuzz,I would have driven it home Ground writing all the way home.Dang you "Dern Yankees" are such Candy rumps.....

timntrucks said:
WM headed that convoy off at the pass. murphy strikes again LOL
Tim you have no idea. Murphy did mess up the whole schedule and transportation of it all. rofl ;). Since murphy struck again. we have to finish this adventure this weekend to get Joe all taken care of. Dang you murphy ;)

i will post pics of Ole yeller here soon. She was crying from being on the road today and was glad to get home. she didnt wanta be on the road much longer.

FreightTrain said:
wimp....where is your sense of adventure.......No wonder you couldn't hang with the wreckerman recoveries.I have NEVER been left out in the cold by a MV.They have always got me home no matter what!Well,My 1st deuce did blow a turbo but it still got me to the race car shop blowing some MASSIVE smoke and oil out the stack.If it was't for the Fuzz,I would have driven it home Ground writing all the way home.Dang you "Dern Yankees" are such Candy rumps.....
Cant hang with the WM recoveries rofl. no cause all his break down in transit :D i tend to always make safe trips home. This one was prevented.
You have never been left out in the cold. but you have a yard full of blown up broken rigs rofl. only junkyard in a ghetto that i know of rofl

Recovry4x4 said:
So why does Joe not have a deuce? Inquiring minds really want to know
cause of some issues the deuce had to be put on hold till sat morning.
Joes new deuce truck. followed by M62 pics of how it sits at arrival

Attachments

First things on the to do list,

proper fuel tank,
new bypass fuel filter and flush all the lines,
synthetic rope on both winches, and boom,
fix some leaking hoses and lines,
fix couple leaking pumps,
new set of tires on the truck,

then slowly get it ready for a full restoration and a useful happy life at home :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks