• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oli Pressure Gauge and sending unit

SierraHotel

My oil pressure pegs at 60 psi most times. It calms down when idling, but will go back to 60 when it’s on the road. Noting that some Deuces will run at, or above, 60 psi and be fine (or at least according to PS magazine), I purchased a 120 psi gauge. My question is do I have to switch my sending unit as well or since it already registers high, don’t worry about it?

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you tried a manual gauge yet? You might have the 120 sender in it already. I'd do the gauge first and verify it with a manual gauge, then, if needed, change the sender.

jwaller

yes the gauge and sender must be swapped at the same time. a lot of deuces peg the 60psi gauge. thats why you have the option of swapping to a 120.

SierraHotel

Re: RE: Oli Pressure Gauge and sending unit

jwaller said:
yes the gauge and sender must be swapped at the same time.
If it already reads at the top of the guage, do I need to swap the sender as well? Driver logic would point to the guage would allow the needle to travel to where it needs/wants to be.

jasonjc

Re: RE: Oli Pressure Gauge and sending unit

vtach said:
What if one's duece idles around 15-20, and runs 30-35 while driving?
It's fine the TM say 10psi min at idle and 75psi max at full power.

There is a 60psi sender and a 120psi sender they are not interchagable. You NEED a 60psi gauge AND sender or a 120psi sender and gauge. Or the readings will not be right.
Like said above you may have the 120psi sender all ready and that is the problem.

If it already reads at the top of the guage, do I need to swap the sender as well? Driver logic would point to the guage would allow the needle to travel to where it needs/wants to be.

By this logic you can use a 12volt bulb in a 24volt truck and the bulb will just use the volts it wants.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You may have to scrape some of the od paint off but every sender I've ever seen has had "60" or "120" stamped on the sender.

From wnat I've seen from playing with different gauges and senders the gauge needle works the same on either gauge. They are just numbered different. If you hook a 60 gauge to a 120 sender the gauge needle will still be pointing in the same spot but if the needle says 60 on the 120 gauge it will point to 30 on the 60 gauge. Does this make any sense?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks