• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One millionth tire question

Lax

For the one millionth time I have a M35 A2 tire question. I would like to keep my original wheels (unless someone has a suggestion for a cheap simple two piece wheel direct replacements). And I would like to keep my original tire size or ones close to that size so I can stick with duels on the rear but I want to go away from the NDT tires and to a very aggressive off-road tread. Has anyone done this before? Any suggestions? Thanks and please include photos if you have them.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have seen spur-grips and superlugs on some older trucks that were worked. A search might get you some answers if they are still made. Personally, I like the firestone 831s.

Lax

shenkmen,
I think those look great! Can you tell me more or may I contact you? How much was that set up? Have you driven them in any real snow and or mud? How do they handle on the road (dry, wet, snow, ice?) I can PM you if you wish. Thanks for the info and the photo!

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
11.00's are about as wide as you want to go with duals still on the rear. There's several tread designs you could look at as well. I'd recommend a XL pattern. We can help you out with tires if you need.

shenkmen

shenkmen,
I think those look great! Can you tell me more or may I contact you? How much was that set up? Have you driven them in any real snow and or mud? How do they handle on the road (dry, wet, snow, ice?) I can PM you if you wish. Thanks for the info and the photo!
$389 each mounted with a new tube. Two things made it easy to spend the $$ on them 1) Safety - knowing that my son would be riding shotgun I wanted something better than the NDCC's and 2) I am an idiot.

I had them in snow a few times, have taken it off roading once, have driven in the rain and cruised them on the highway. The deepest snow I had them in was around 8 inches. I feel they've handle great in all situations. This is my first MV and my first large truck.

Switching to the 1100's makes the steering wheel turn easier too. It's a whole new truck. One member thought I had the air power assist when he saw me easily turning the wheel. When they were new the truck would buck on any unsmooth surface. They have since settled.

Bolkbich

the 1100 20 xls on the back and 14.5 front look awsome i had xl1100 20's on my a2 and went crazy looking for a super single front tire that would match back then there wasnt anything like that around im thinking about putting 1100's on the back of my a3

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks