• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Opinions on a potential M35A2 purchase

Bigb80

Looking at buying this. $10k plus 2 bang bangs. Opinions? He has it currently posted for $15k obo. Engine was rebuilt in 1993 and now runs diesel fuel only...Screenshot_20210915-211159_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210915-211141_Facebook.jpg

Reactions: HDN

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
It's a deuce with no power steering, under powered, close quarters, no ac, uncomfortable, slow and noisy. Much better options for that 15k price.

Bigb80

No way on that one! MRE Depot pos made out of a 931.
I was looking in the classified page and saw that Bill W (I believe that was his name) is selling his for $8500. He is in Georgia. Would you mind checking it out?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Points of comparison between the one you're looking at and this tan one

1) dual circuit brakes. Adds about $2500 in value.

2) dropside bed, adds maybe $750

3) aluminum MRAP rims , adapter plates, 395 XZLs. Adds about $3500 over stock wheels and tires, less than that compared to his 395s on stock wheels. Except 395s on stock wheels is a bad idea.

4) demonstrably roadworthy. I'll drive it there... not sure what value to place on that.

But don't take my word on these points. I post this publicly so it can be publicly critiqued.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking in the classified page and saw that Bill W (I believe that was his name) is selling his for $8500. He is in Georgia. Would you mind checking it out?

I like that one. Looks like a good solid truck that someone went through in detail. I like that one far better at $8500 than the first one at $10k, completely ignoring any additional trades.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 845301View attachment 845302
What do you guys think about this one?
I like the truck tractors with shortened cargo beds. I've done several that way.

Bedlining anywhere but the bed makes me think it's hiding rust. Or will rust underneath it.

Something else to consider in TX is that the 5ton triggers special licensing (noncommercial class B or A) whereas a deuce doesn't have heavy enough GVWR to need it.

Bigb80

I like the truck tractors with shortened cargo beds. I've done several that way.

Bedlining anywhere but the bed makes me think it's hiding rust. Or will rust underneath it.

Something else to consider in TX is that the 5ton triggers special licensing (noncommercial class B or A) whereas a deuce doesn't have heavy enough GVWR to need it.
Thank you for the information. I drove a Duece in the Army from time to time and would like to get one for advertising my business, parades, use on my property, etc. I appreciate all your input!

ToddJK

I would check the classifieds here. There was some nice trucks under 10K. Don't be afraid to drive out of state if need be, makes for a fun road trip. I drove 700+ miles for mine and so have many others. Just be patient, you'll find a nice one for a good price.

ToddJK

I'd trust a fellow SS member before someone off Ebay or the like. Bill has been a member for a while and he's posted a lot of the work he's done. It's well worth a look.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks