• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ordered a bearing retainer with a seal in it

I just ordered a bearing retainer with a seal machined into it today. I ordered it from M Series rebuild LLC. There was a hiccup on there part after I mailed them a money order today in regards to a core but they made it right. I will post an update after I receive the part. I still had issues with mine after my rebuild so have to replace it. If anyone has dealt with them let me know what y'all think.

It's the retainer in the front of the transmission that the throw out bearing rides on. It's 85$ plus the cost of shipping the core and payment. I got the core waived because they didn't tell me about it until I already sent the payment.

Mines whallered out so it needs changed you can see the wear on the part. M35 Tom said to leave it in after I rebuilt it but it's OK I've gotten pretty fast at taking it out. My 13 year old and I had it out in an hour and a half over the summer I did it alone this time in about 2 hrs so it was no biggie.

Big Tom

Kids are a great help and get to learn also. Put a nos transmission in mine wish there was 1/2" more room in back to get it lined up to go back in. I guess your pilot or input bearing were out to cause that wear.

OK guys my bearing retainer should be here today and my clutch disc,pilot bushing and throw out bearing on Saturday. My truck may make an appearance at the show on Sunday I hope. I'll get some pics and videos up as well.

I got it started today I pushed the pilot bearing in too far. So I used a bolt some tape and bread pushed it back where it's supposed to be. I got the retainer ready to install and the clutch assembly. I'll be at it again tomorrow. I'll get some video and pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks