• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oregon Registration Question for Portland Metro area

viking76

We are moving to Portland. Does anyone have experience getting the Oregon Special Interest Tags for a CUCV? Otherwise it looks like I will need to smog my m1008?!

rolling18

We are moving to Portland. Does anyone have experience getting the Oregon Special Interest Tags for a CUCV? Otherwise it looks like I will need to smog my m1008?!
I have SP ("special interest") plates on my Hmmwv.. that is the Only way you can drive these legally on the road.

all you do is fill out the SP plates registration form.. many cars here are running them that would not normally be able to be licenced..

You are issued only one plate for rear mounting. and it does not expire! both huge bonus!
be sure to read the conditions and requirements for getting the plates.

All that beiing said, I have NEVER even been pulled over or asked about by any police officer! consider what else is driving around on the public streets nowadays!! its downright scary!
if there is any expired plates at all!

anyway, if you want to drive off road like on state lands you need to get an OHV permit as well 12$ for 2 years.. (no licence plate needed)

viking76

@rolling18 Thank you for the info! I was actually able to register sans smog due to the weight on the door tag. Although I did have to physicly bring it to the DMV so they could read the tag for themselves. Not as cool as an SP tag but I'll take what I can get for now. Sequential plates are nice too. ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks