• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Orientation of center hood / radiator seal

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in the process for building a "new" hood. While looking at the parts manual (figure 203) item 16, compared to my old hood the orientation on my old hood is backwards from how it's shown in the diagram.

Can someone take a picture and show me how your radiator seal is mounted to the hood? Specifically what I'm trying to figure out is does the rubber L shape are the bolt heads visible from the grill side, or the top of the hood side?

The diagram looks to me like the bolts should be visible from the "top" of the hood side, but mine is opposite.

Thanks!

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If someone else does not chime in I will look in the am, but I do not understand the bolts question, as per the TM none of them should be visible from the "top" of the hood, it mounts to captured nuts from underneath, #15