• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Original blinkers and headlight questions

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All-
Kind of at a bump in the road.

What did the original Blinker lights that were here look like and where can I find them?

20221227_151334.jpg

On my headlights, I have 3 wires, 17, 18 and 19 with female connectors.

20221227_140807.jpg

On the harness side, I only have 17 and 18 and they are both female connectors.

20221227_140900.jpg

According to Vintage, these are their uses:

17: Dimmer switch high beam to left headlight, right headlights and high beam indicator.

Now, I **do** have 3 male connectors on the harness:

20221227_151625.jpg

Wires 20, 491 and 460J. According to the instructions from Vintage, those are

20: Headlight switch connector to left and right blackout marker lights

491: Light switch connector to left and right headlights

460J: Flasher relay (J) to right headlights.

Does 17, 18 and 91 from the headlight connect to 20, 491 and 460J? That's the way the connectors lay out.

Any help is appreciated.

I called Vintage and they didn't answer and their mailbox is full

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The front turn signals started out as the early style (smaller diameter) composite lights, later they switched to the standard larger composite lights, same as deuce and all the rest. They sorta fit the holes, and no trim rings or anything!

It looks like you are missing the bracket that the lights mount to (it attaches to the three bolt holes in the inner bulkhead). I am about to pull one of those out of one of my M715s (the one in the second picture) to replicate them for the one I am currently rebuilding since it is missing them, I can make a couple of extras for you. The bolts on the rear are the same for both styles of light housing, so same bracket works for both.

I can look at the headlight wires too, while I'm at it. Probably tomorrow morning

Cheers

Turn signals - early style.jpg Turn signals - later style 0.jpg

Last edited:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The front turn signals started out as the early style (smaller diameter) composite lights, later they switched to the standard larger composite lights, same as deuce and all the rest. They sorta fit the holes, and no trim rings or anything!

It looks like you are missing the bracket that the lights mount to (it attaches to the three bolt holes in the inner bulkhead). I am about to pull one of those out of one of my M715s (the one in the second picture) to replicate them for the one I am currently rebuilding since it is missing them, I can make a couple of extras for you. The bolts on the rear are the same for both styles of light housing, so same bracket works for both.

Cheers

View attachment 887227 View attachment 887228
That would be amazing! Let me know what I would owe and I'll be glad to send it along.

Pm sent

67Beast

Yes, originally, they had the small old style cat-eye marker lights. They have been getting harder to find, but they are the same as the M37 and original M35's so that helps broaden the search. They look like this, Marker Light. The stand-off bracket is unique to the M715 series of truck, but are not hard to replicate out of some flat stock. They stand-off about an inch from the inner valance and mount with 3 bolts.

Here is a wiring schematic for the M715's with the stock turn signal distribution box and will show where each numbered wire goes.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks