• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Original running M37, adding plow rig, question?

Metalresto

Hi all,
First post:
I got a barely-running (but not stopping) 1954 M37 3 years ago, and it now runs great, stops okay, and looks more presentable ...... ; - }
Snow can be a pain up here in Sierra Nevadas, so I got a Meyer Plow rig for it, and some ideas of what to fab up to hang it on the lift shackles.
But I do need added supports for the front springs. Thinking Timbren SES.
If anyone can recommend a part number - or someone who has done it - I know M37 plow rigs are not uncommon, and I have heard of one M37 with plow and with Timbrens on it. Help?
... note: Yes, I am taking out the "pumpkin" - removing pins, spiders, and adding a Nitro Locker. ( It's not a real 4wd in this neighborhood without 2 rears driving ..... : - ] )
Thank you,

A Seabee

Hi all,
First post:
I got a barely-running (but not stopping) 1954 M37 3 years ago, and it now runs great, stops okay, and looks more presentable ...... ; - }
Snow can be a pain up here in Sierra Nevadas, so I got a Meyer Plow rig for it, and some ideas of what to fab up to hang it on the lift shackles.
If anyone can recommend a part number - or someone who has done it - I know M37 plow rigs are not uncommon, and I have heard of one M37 with plow and with Timbrens on it. Help?
... note: Yes, I am taking out the "pumpkin" - removing pins, spiders, and adding a Nitro Locker. ( It's not a real 4wd in this neighborhood without 2 rears driving ..... : - ] )
Thank you,
pictures please :)

Metalresto

Okay, such as it is .... started with water pump, fan shroud, fan belt and fan, radiator and core support. And venerable Mopar flat 6 water distribution "artifact" / sprinkler bar. Lined up front group sheetmetal. Full brake job. Wheel resto, new snap rings, tubes, flaps, tires. Gen and starter gone through. New plug wires and sodablast and sharpened sparkle plugs. Set timing. Va-room. May find hand crank. PTO ready to go. Winch needs bench work - have band. Seeking cable. Have shaft and yokes and joints. CDPD. Love nice forgings. Hella halogen 24V inserts fit perfect. Lamps now decent. Run boards are 75% done, 75% to go. Were sorta sideswiped on rock pile, then high-centered, with misc dents. Going for powdercoat, so skimpy on filler. Takes time, bright light, straight edge, lots of odd whackers, bappers, thunkers and squishers .... and baby anvils. Not.A.Resto. ....... Just a decent, mostly straight, mostly there, fully operational .mil 4wd w/winch and w/plow. Mountain forest version of "tractor." Old friend has had a '41 Power Wagon boom truck flatbed 40 years, in Mtn woods, dirt roads. We compare notes. He is now adding "locker" on his - along with me doing mine. (4wd with no "posi" in rear? That's no 4wd - just wishful thinking 2wd, one front and one rear. "One wheel drive" is what most of us are used to, numerically speaking. We can both get 3 WD, and that suits us just fine. : - }

John Mc

THe M37 Registry forum has a few threads where people posted details of the snow plow mounts. Just search for "plow" from the main forum page.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks