• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh P-19 fire truck

DMack

I just bought a fire engine from govplanet and hauled it out to Montana for wildfire issues up in the mountains. It runs great but after filling the water tank I can’t get the water pump to activate. I’m looking for the operation manual to make sure I’m flipping the correct switches. Maybe the pump just needs to be primed…. Anyone own one of these and can help me troubleshoot the issue?

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I just bought a fire engine from govplanet and hauled it out to Montana for wildfire issues up in the mountains. It runs great but after filling the water tank I can’t get the water pump to activate. I’m looking for the operation manual to make sure I’m flipping the correct switches. Maybe the pump just needs to be primed…. Anyone own one of these and can help me troubleshoot the issue?
Can you give any numbers from the data plates?
Just looking at it, I have seen a USMC version that looks a lot like it...

Is there a valve out on the side of the truck possibly - that needs to manually be pushed or pulled to release the water from the tank to the pump? Maybe you can look under the truck?

Only thing I have found so far is a Training Package. Not sure how much it will help but it is a book.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The control lever should be at the bottom of the control panel or just below.
Yeah @GopherHill ... I was hoping to hear back from @DMack to hear if the TM helped - and if there really was a lever to push or pull. I don't own one of these yet, but just for fun - I sure would like to have a big honkin fire truck.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I may have the TM's for this truck. I need NSN and model numbers. If the TM is listed on the info data plate on the truck, that would be an even bigger help.
We asked for that in Post #2. I attached a TM in that post - hoping for the best.

DMack

Sorry that I have been away from the site but here is the info I have so far. Pics attached show the nameplates that you may be referencing above. F6A50798-08E7-4C7F-888A-23969FD8AA10.jpegF7ABDF26-388D-49BF-95DC-A8A6723C6B95.jpeg

DMack

Other info.
I found the manual valve up under the chassis that is between the tank and pump, it is on and I pulled the drain plug from the impeller housing and I have lots of water. So water is not an issue.
Under all the conditions of the switches flipped in the cab the driveline that goes from the big Splitter/Transfer case to the pump does not spin. If I can get it to spin I think the rig will shoot water out of the water cannons.
On the end of the Splitter there is a dual air diaphragm setup that moves the lever back and forth as I flip the switch in the cab, I think this is a lever that engages the gears to start rotating the driveline to the pump. But it isn’t making a difference. But what is the hydraulic hoses that connect in the end of that Splitter? Still working thru the systems but a TM would be great.C963C5C7-E0D5-48C3-AB0E-19B85BA2BF2F.jpegC963C5C7-E0D5-48C3-AB0E-19B85BA2BF2F.jpeg71B0F7A7-966A-465A-9E11-87614AB92080.jpegC5CD91C4-EB69-4668-9D6A-277B81F6D499.jpeg301B2549-3283-46F2-99A1-D32420F64C1F.jpegDF812D30-C26B-4FDD-B270-39F5D22BD459.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks