• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Our New M-37

Jimma

We traveled about 160 miles each way to Villa Rica, Georgia yesterday to purchase this 1963 M-37. Not a bad truck, bed is great, floor boards are good and no rust in the battery box. Some rust in the windshield frame on the lower inside corners that is fixable. I do neet to buy or fabricate a passenger seat and find a tailgate. Also a brake adjuster or bleeder came out and I need to learn how to work on M-37 brakes to put it back in and bleed the system. Other than that I think we picked up a decent little truck. It appears that all the essentials are present including the original fire extinguisher.

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

Make sure you check out www.g741.org
Strickly for the M-37 and all the info you will need.

I bet the brake adjuster you have is the one for the shoes. Its a cam that is located at the bottom of the backing plate on each wheel. Each shoe has one. I would look those brakes over really well before bleeding!! Try a quick bleed to see what you got but for what "little" stopping power the M37 has, it needs it all. Look the lines over really well too. If any of that georgia Mud has sat between the coils of the armor, they will help those brake lines rust and will be a weak spot for a leak to happen.

Jimma

Cessnatwin, He did, and I was on the road until after 1 AM hauling it home! Can you forward me a new picture of yourself? I am getting tired of the pink shirt in my avatar!

Capt.Marion

You'll be happy to know that the brakes on that thing are about the simplest thing you'll ever work on aside from tractor brakes.

Completely replacing all the wheel cylinders, hoses, and master cylinder is an afternoon job.

zout

I especially like the custom wheel chocks :beer:

That is a great looking 37 and you should be proud.
Got any pics of the interior Jimma ?

91W350

One of the best looking military trucks available. The last one I drove was a test drive on vacation in the Colorado Rockies, I should have bought it... nice truck!

pwrwagonfire

Make sure you check out www.g741.org
Strickly for the M-37 and all the info you will need.

I bet the brake adjuster you have is the one for the shoes. Its a cam that is located at the bottom of the backing plate on each wheel. Each shoe has one. I would look those brakes over really well before bleeding!! Try a quick bleed to see what you got but for what "little" stopping power the M37 has, it needs it all. Look the lines over really well too. If any of that georgia Mud has sat between the coils of the armor, they will help those brake lines rust and will be a weak spot for a leak to happen.
+1

Simple brake system, if you pick up the manuals they will tell you all you need to know very clearly!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks