• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PA - Spring 2016 Rausch Creek Steel Soldiers Rally

shenkmen

This is the official sign up thread for the Spring 2016 Rausch Creek MV Rally.

The rally will be held Friday 4/1 to Sunday 4/3 at Rausch Creek Off Road Park.

Rausch Creek Offroad Park
453 Molleystown Rd
Pine Grove,PA 17963

Coordinates:
N40° 36.5074'
W76° 26.9170'

Rausch Creek offers the following...

• On site primitive camping.
  • 3,000 acres of easy, intermediate, and hard trails. We stick to the easy ones due to the size of our trucks.
  • Trails can accommodate MVs of all sizes, shapes etc.
  • Alcohol is permitted after wheeling for the day.
  • Most of the group will hit the trails for the day. You are welcome to stay at camp until the group returns.
  • See satellite image below for our camp site.

Rausch Creek's website has allot of info including rules, camping info, lodging info and a FAQ. Please visit their site here - Rausch Creek Off Road Park

To ride in the park one or two forms must be filled out. The forms are a requirement from Rausch Creek. You may fill out the forms in advance or when you arrive. Download them from here if you wish - Rausch Creek Membership

What you can expect...

• A good time, a camp fire, friends, beverages and offroading!
  • Camping and Lodging Info - Rausch Creek Camping and Lodging Info
  • FAQs - Rausch Creek FAQs
  • Rules and Regulations - Rausch Creek Rules and Regulations
  • Directions - Rausch Creek Directions
  • We'll hit the trails at 9:30 AM on Saturday. If everybody is up and ready to go earlier we'll go earlier. Please be paid, signed up and ready to go. Pack a lunch as we will be out for the day and will take a brake to eat. At the end of the day we'll head to the rock pile for the group photo.
  • Some folks like to head out on Sunday too. If you're interested in going or leading that group please let us know.

What you need to do...

• Get your vehicle ready. C'mon, don't miss this!
  • Sign up! - If you are interested sign up for the event on this thread and include the following information...
    • The MV or MVs you are bringing.
    • Date of arrival.
    • State if you are camping and the number of people in your group. (This info is needed to make a reservation.)
  • Let us know how you can pitch in. Tell us if you can offer assistance by bringing something to help out, organize, etc... From reading past threads I've seen folks offer the following...
    • A Generator.
    • Firewood - PLEASE BRING SOME FIREWOOD
    • Early arrivals to reserve space on Thursday. See satellite image below for our camp site.
    • What else???

Here are maps of the park. The satellite photo shows where we park and camp.

west.jpg east.jpg north east.jpg RC camp site parking.jpg 3.30.gif

Last edited:

shenkmen

I will be there Friday by 6PM with my M35a2, 2 people and I'll bring some firewood and will be staying until Sunday.

PLEASE BRING SOME FIREWOOD!

Last edited:

Jakelc15

I'm planning on going. Bringing my crew ( wife + 2 sons). I'll probably bring the camper and my jeep. Stay for the weekend. I should have some firewood too.

mikey

I'll be there, probably with 2. I'll arrive Friday night and leave Sunday and I'll probably have the M931A2.

Mikey

drecon

I'll be there Friday night and stay till sunday. I got Firewood. Will bring GP tent incase of rain but I need a solider #2 to help put it up.

mikey

Anyone who is interested in a convoy starting on 81 south near Scranton, let me know. I'm pretty sure Zach and I will be traveling together on Friday afternoon from 18470 in NEPA.

If we get enough people interested, we can coordinate a meeting to attempt to accommodate everyone.

Mikey

Cole667

I have never attended an event like this with military trucks but it seems like a good time and I am thinking about coming out with my m923A2. I'm located near Pittsburgh so that's probably close to a 4hr drive.

cucvrus

My Sons and I will be there. We will bring a trailer load of scrap wood to burn. We can drop the load of wood on the trailer Friday night and come back up on saturday AM with Terminus M1009. With any luck CUCVLOVER will come out of the Tennessee mountains and join us in his green machine. Maybe I can even have my Sons M1028 ready to go and he can bring some firewood also. And I have some more old style HMMWV run flats that are laying around. And no taking the wood blocks that I bring up. Burn them, they are firewood. The last time I dropped them off they were all gone and not one of them was used as firewood. Didn't really matter to me I was sleeping at home in a warm bed and had a heater in my Terminus M1009 all day. I know they make good cribbage blocks but firewood was more important. peace man. I will bring and entire trailer load of wood. Will need help unloading it. See you then. Can't wait. Hope its muddy.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in as usual. Not sure exactly when I'll arrive leave, and not sure what I'll be driving since I had to sell the CUCV, I may just borrow a friend's deuce and take it up there for the day, or ride with someone else again. Will advise when things get closer.

cucvrus

I'm in as usual. Not sure exactly when I'll arrive leave, and not sure what I'll be driving since I had to sell the CUCV, I may just borrow a friend's deuce and take it up there for the day, or ride with someone else again. Will advise when things get closer.
Thought you just bought this CUCV. Was it a problem? I have a nice M1028 that would fit under your behind.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I did just buy it in June, but medical problems in December and the resulting bills forced a sale that I reluctantly had to make.

CUCVLOVER

My Sons and I will be there. We will bring a trailer load of scrap wood to burn. We can drop the load of wood on the trailer Friday night and come back up on saturday AM with Terminus M1009. With any luck CUCVLOVER will come out of the Tennessee mountains and join us in his green machine. Maybe I can even have my Sons M1028 ready to go and he can bring some firewood also. And I have some more old style HMMWV run flats that are laying around. And no taking the wood blocks that I bring up. Burn them, they are firewood. The last time I dropped them off they were all gone and not one of them was used as firewood. Didn't really matter to me I was sleeping at home in a warm bed and had a heater in my Terminus M1009 all day. I know they make good cribbage blocks but firewood was more important. peace man. I will bring and entire trailer load of wood. Will need help unloading it. See you then. Can't wait. Hope its muddy.
I'm going to try and make it. Dont forget the shirts!!
I need to hurry up on some PMs but with luck I'll be rolling up that way.
I hope y'all are cool with a modified Cucv. I know flatbeds and subwoofers are sometimes frowned upon.

What do we need for communication?

cucvrus

:burn:Our cell phones work fine. Not much to talk about while wheeling. It is self explanatory. You never get far enough apart to need anything IMHO. You only need 2 in a group and you're good to go. That is Rausch Creeks rule. On the CB it was just a lot of unneeded jargo and banter. Less complaining that way. That is my observation. Driving in a long line playing follow the leader the entire day got old after while. That was for me and a few others so we broke formation and went off in other directions. Fun day any way you look at it. Don't bring a trailer queen show piece even into the parking lot. It will get dirty. No doubt. This place is packed with all full size off road vehicles. No 4 wheelers dune buggys or dirt bikes. That is another part of the park. Sub woofers playing Snoop Dog/Rap music very much frowned upon. Gun fire has erupted from less volatile behavior.:burn:
Every thing worked out both times i was there and we each did our own thing. Fun day all along. A lot of traffic on the trails and a lot of free entertainment. Either way just so you all know it. You don't have to drive an MV to go on this ride. Just don't show up in a Fiat 500 and expect to have a great day. I have a 4 seat vehicle and other have extra seats. Why not just show up and get a ride out onto the trails. You can stop and watch others wheel at several spots. Some of the areas the MV people spent an hour or 2 going thru and up and down hills into the lake. Fun time for all. Do expect minor scratches and some under carriage scrapping. The mud holes can be deep and have huge rocks lurking in the depth. My Crown of Thorns M1009 meet a few on the first trip and I flexed a tore 2 motor mounts. Update. I now have energy suspension and have no problems with hard lo range pulls. 2nd time there
was great in my Terminus M1009 and I also bent the transmission crossmember. That has been updated since. Time will tell. Hope to see a big turn out. Can hardly wait. Gets me away from most of the bad weather by that time.

CUCVLOVER

:burn:Our cell phones work fine. Not much to talk about while wheeling. It is self explanatory. You never get far enough apart to need anything IMHO. You only need 2 in a group and you're good to go. That is Rausch Creeks rule. On the CB it was just a lot of unneeded jargo and banter. Less complaining that way. That is my observation. Driving in a long line playing follow the leader the entire day got old after while. That was for me and a few others so we broke formation and went off in other directions. Fun day any way you look at it. Don't bring a trailer queen show piece even into the parking lot. It will get dirty. No doubt. This place is packed with all full size off road vehicles. No 4 wheelers dune buggys or dirt bikes. That is another part of the park. Sub woofers playing Snoop Dog/Rap music very much frowned upon. Gun fire has erupted from less volatile behavior.:burn:
Every thing worked out both times i was there and we each did our own thing. Fun day all along. A lot of traffic on the trails and a lot of free entertainment. Either way just so you all know it. You don't have to drive an MV to go on this ride. Just don't show up in a Fiat 500 and expect to have a great day. I have a 4 seat vehicle and other have extra seats. Why not just show up and get a ride out onto the trails. You can stop and watch others wheel at several spots. Some of the areas the MV people spent an hour or 2 going thru and up and down hills into the lake. Fun time for all. Do expect minor scratches and some under carriage scrapping. The mud holes can be deep and have huge rocks lurking in the depth. My Crown of Thorns M1009 meet a few on the first trip and I flexed a tore 2 motor mounts. Update. I now have energy suspension and have no problems with hard lo range pulls. 2nd time there
was great in my Terminus M1009 and I also bent the transmission crossmember. That has been updated since. Time will tell. Hope to see a big turn out. Can hardly wait. Gets me away from most of the bad weather by that time.
Ok.
Sounds good. I don't bash my truck in on purpose but I know paint is cheap lol.

No snoop dog rap crap for me. It's all acdc, Hank Williams, kid Rock, David Allen Coe, and Jonny rebel for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks