• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Paint

Tpoole

Restoring an old mep002a and was contemplating repainting her, anybody had good results with doing this? If so what did you use?
Also does anybody make a new wireing harness for these gens?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Scoobyshep

I repainted my 004. I knocked down the rust spots primed and painted both with spray paint. If your wiring is in good shape, id leave it alone

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Ray70

I've used Rapco Parts' paint many times, comes in spray cans as well as gallons.
Just reduce it around 10:1 to 8:1 depending on your gun, with Naptha, xylene, tolulene.... whatever is available in your area and spray it on.
Colors match pretty well, only issue would be that the gloss is a little bit too high at first, but it does fade back a bit over time when left in the sun.
It starts out as more of a satin finish than a flat finish.
You can also add a little universal flattening agent to it if you want to dull it out immediately.
I've heard you can also add corn starch or baby powder to dull it out more, but never tried those myself.
I use Dupont flattener.
There are a few "Painting" threads on here ( possibly in the Paint and welding forum ) with a lot of good info on the subject.
If doing a camo job, Rust Oleum high heat black stove paint is actually the best thing I've found for the black. It is flatter than normal flat black and dries super fast. It's perfect for stencils too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks