• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

painted warning lights

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Im just curious why the gov. would paint over the warning lights on the dash by the gauges. I thought they were just blanks but I unscrewed the lenses and there were bulbs behind it so not blanks. Has the nice thick green stuff sprayed over them. All this on my 923a0

machinist75

warning lights shouldn't be painted over. You may be talking about the dash lights that light up the gauges, they come that way. You don't want them things shining in your face at night.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
warning lights shouldn't be painted over. You may be talking about the dash lights that light up the gauges, they come that way. You don't want them things shining in your face at night.
You may be correct. its the ones that hang around the oil pressure gauge and temp gauge, the ones that are in that general area. If they are suppose to be that way then mine are perfect.

machinist75

Your good. The are supposed to backlights the gauges. They are actually painted steel overlays. On my first deuce I peeled them all off, they were so bright I couldn't see my gauges. Rookie mistake.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
Your good. The are supposed to backlights the gauges. They are actually painted steel overlays. On my first deuce I peeled them all off, they were so bright I couldn't see my gauges. Rookie mistake.
My first thought was that they were low oil pressure etc lights and why in the heck were they painted over but im glad I didnt take the paint off. Thanks for straightening me out

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Bad for night vision. I did it with my old 5 ton. My retinas hurt for days! I don't even run any dash lights at night. I flip them to check every so often.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought the red led replacement bulbs and couldn't see
anything at night. Not enough light
Went back with regular bulbs and all is good.
Wrong color I guess

I saw someone else removed the rubber washer on the cover. I did that and think it gives a little more light but not too bright.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Csm Davis

Most are copper or brass covers but I have the newer solid plastic green outside no paint.

sent from my decrepit fingers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks