• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

painting the exhaust

BenRoberts

Certified insane
I haven't been able to find high temp green paint for my exhaust. tried some plain olive drab and it turned yellow after a heat cycle. any suggestions?

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can always go with black. Rustoleum makes some high heat paint. I haven't tried it yet, I have a few cans on hand to repaint my exhaust, it seems like another thread on steel soldiers prompted me to buy it. I think I bought mine at Lowes or HD. Your local autoparts store carries exhaust paint as well. I'm curious if a coat of 383 green overtop of some high heat paint would work.

http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/specialty/high-heat-spray/

BenRoberts

Certified insane
I have high temp black but it came green and id hope to find high temp green.(not sure if thats possible) What in the world does the military coat the mufflers and what not in. seems real thick and durable. only thing on my truck that wont stand up to the heat is the pipe off the manifold, the muffler and stack look great but its whatever the gov. applied to it. Thanks for all the references guys, it may come to just painting it black.

BenRoberts

Certified insane
You can always go with black. Rustoleum makes some high heat paint. I haven't tried it yet, I have a few cans on hand to repaint my exhaust, it seems like another thread on steel soldiers prompted me to buy it. I think I bought mine at Lowes or HD. Your local autoparts store carries exhaust paint as well. I'm curious if a coat of 383 green overtop of some high heat paint would work.

http://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/specialty/high-heat-spray/
I stand corrected it comes in green. you made my day sigo

Aruba1

I painted my muffler with Behr exterior paint, lol, I will report after I drive that thing to let me know how it's handling the heat.

jbayer

20160521_133544.jpgI used the BEHR PREMIUM PLUS ULTRA. It has over 30 hrs of driving time on it. Has discolored a little on the lower third of the muffler, but the rest is still the same as when I painted it. I ran it through several short heat and cool cycles before going full out driving around.20160521_133606_001.jpg

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have high temp black but it came green and id hope to find high temp green.(not sure if thats possible) What in the world does the military coat the mufflers and what not in. seems real thick and durable. only thing on my truck that wont stand up to the heat is the pipe off the manifold, the muffler and stack look great but its whatever the gov. applied to it. Thanks for all the references guys, it may come to just painting it black.
I used VHT (very high temperature) 1300-2000*F header paint. Don't know how many colors it comes in nowadays, but I use the flat black on my exhaust & stack and it holds up well. Usually you can find it at auto parts stores.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks