• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Panelview 550 Micrologix 1100 MEP-802Ae

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was digging around in my junk looking for a 24vdc power supply and ran across some NOS PLC stuff. Need to see where my software and license is but might be time to make a custom MEP-802B. Any thoughts? It would require an additional expansion module for the analog gage inputs Could have remote start, auto start. Oh the possibilities??

IMG_1826.jpg

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't use this plc. 120 vac. Would require 24vdc to 120vac inverter to power, too much complication. Will have to research more appropriate model. Going to also have to research what I/O you could or would have to replace, what to displayon graphical interface, panel layout, extra inputs and instruments/sending units (rpm gauge would be nice addition)etc...

Need to research HMI on the 1010 or real B units.

Cost?

Ken_86gt

If you feel like hacking the Micrologix it is very possible that it runs on 12VDC or 24VDC internally- other brand controllers do. So, find the power supply and see if you can just bypass it- you have it just collecting dust now, maybe you can still use it.

Dwnorton1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's a great idea. I'll bet it is powered by 24vdc internally. I'm going to do some serious research on this next week to see how plausible this would be without breaking the bank. The two parts I have are the lion share of the cost so that's a plus. Just have to determine what expansion cards are needed/available. So much work before the work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks