• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PBR jet pumps correct?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A batch of jet pumps supposedly for the Viet Nam era PBR "Patrol Boat River" sold today on GL for around $3000 ea. Was the GL description accurate or were these really for the bridge erection boat?

Attachments

datsunaholic

Yeah, I saw those. The 14YJ (which all that sold today were) is the PBR jet, but the ones that were for sale looked too new to be originals. They are still available new, from North American Marine Jet, so these were probably ones bought as replacements- and possibly meant to be SAP aid to countries still using the PBR (like the Philippines). North American Marine Jet bought out Jacuzzi in the mid 80s, which dates those jets as at least 80s or newer. But the 14YJ is a commercial jet, so they had plenty of other uses. The N300 (the successor to the 14YJ) is commonly used in Bristol Bay herring boats.

I'm partial to Hamilton jets myself... being that my boat has one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks