• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PCB Replacement KDS for Old SSI?

92'M998

Hello - Looking to repalce the PCB.

KDS Smart Start System (S3) P/N 6500391, CR-2701. NSN 6110015427901. Replaces P/N 12479192, NSN 6110014912158. Will this be an acceptable replacement for the SSI bx on my vehicle now?

Present box
PCB, Rmote Conrol Switch.jpg Thanks for your help. J

92'M998

I have a couple new SSI boxes if you want an original replacement. PM me if interested.

Kurt
Hi - I got a prestolite from Seco. It installed and it's functional at this time (2 weeks). i put in a new regulator and still can only adjust to 24.8. I have anotherr 60a gen and am looking for the wire from the unit to the wiring harness. Presently the wire from the one in the truck appears to be soldered. J.

papakb

Measure the small exciter connection pin to the alternator to see if it's getting +24v when the ignition switch is turned on. If it doesn't connect a jumper from the #54 wire on the IP to it. They both get +24 volts wit the RUN switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks