• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Phoenix Worldwide F0862-99-ESS-JCS Shelter fit on M1102?

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! It seems like it could be modified to fit within a 1102….
I'm not sure of the internal width of the M1102, but if it's exterior dimensions are the same width as the HMMWV you'd have to either cut out the sides of the trailer at the front, or narrow down the shelter where it fits into the trailer bed.

It might work on one of the LTT chassis that someone removed the generator from easier than modifying it for into the bed of the M1102.
They both have the same chassis, but the LTT is just flatbed/open for the generator)

Gung-Ho Civillian

I'm not sure of the internal width of the M1102, but if it's exterior dimensions are the same width as the HMMWV you'd have to either cut out the sides of the trailer at the front, or narrow down the shelter where it fits into the trailer bed.

It might work on one of the LTT chassis that someone removed the generator from easier than modifying it for into the bed of the M1102.
They both have the same chassis, but the LTT is just flatbed/open for the generator)
Thanks. That explains a lot, at least the shapes I’m working with ( I need to sketch it out on paper. I’ll have to get my 25’ tape and do some figuring.

Much appreciated,
Gung-Ho CIV.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. That explains a lot, at least the shapes I’m working with ( I need to sketch it out on paper. I’ll have to get my 25’ tape and do some figuring.

Much appreciated,
Gung-Ho CIV.
yeah. A lot of the shelters that go on the HMMWV fit down where the rear passenger doors would be and take up that space. Some only have the front bulkhead area extend down and then the bottom is the standard filler panel; others like this one fill out the whole area.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dimension A is probably the most critical- it will either fit inside the trailer, in front of the wheel well, or not.
Dimension B you have, so determine whether or not it will fit ~inside~ the trailer. Measure your trailer carefully. Add a half inch to account for the rivet heads if it's close.
Dimension C might be a deal-breaker. That portion will overhang forward of your trailer and might contact the towing vehicle during tight turns due to the short tongue on the M1101/2 trailers. I suppose it would be easy enough to lop that bit off, but something to consider.

EDIT to add: In that configuration I would also consider the balance- seems like it will be very tongue-heavy.

EDIT to add: Dimension H is also going to be critical, even if you go with the generator trailer that doesn't have front/side walls. If the height there is too short, then the weight of the entire thing will rest on the wheel wells of the trailer.

TrlrDim.jpg

Last edited:

Gung-Ho Civillian

Dimension A is probably the most critical- it will either fit inside the trailer, in front of the wheel well, or not.
Dimension B you have, so determine whether or not it will fit ~inside~ the trailer. Measure your trailer carefully. Add a half inch to account for the rivet heads if it's close.
Dimension C might be a deal-breaker. That portion will overhang forward of your trailer and might contact the towing vehicle during tight turns due to the short tongue on the M1101/2 trailers. I suppose it would be easy enough to lop that bit off, but something to consider.

EDIT to add: In that configuration I would also consider the balance- seems like it will be very tongue-heavy.

EDIT to add: Dimension H is also going to be critical, even if you go with the generator trailer that doesn't have front/side walls. If the height there is too short, then the weight of the entire thing will rest on the wheel wells of the trailer.

View attachment 837038
Thanks! Extremely well thought out, and I heartedly agree as to your findings/guidance.
Much Appreciated,

Gung-Ho CIV

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks