• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up a M1010 for the collection

lavarok

Last week I picked up a M1010 to add to the collection. Its pretty clean and runs/drives well. I need to figure out why the heater wont fire (havent tried the ac). Girlfriend hates it, says it creepy :razz:
Does your aux fuel pump work? Check the fuses and connections. Mine had a burnt part ( diode maybe cant recall ) which once removed put it back into action. Its under the hood on the driver side of the engine compartment.

There should also be a valve under the truck/heater which you will want to make sure is open. The truck does not need to be running or on for the heater to function.

Nice looking ambulance!

cuffnstuff

Very nice rig! Most of the military eqiptment was removed from my truck when I got it -came from a local PD. I haven't tried my aux heater yet; I don't want to burn it to the ground -yet anyway! Share your results when you figure out your issue; I'll play with mine and let you know if I "discover" anything.

dennisS

We tried for weeks to get the heater to work but no luck! If you get yours going let us know what you did. I've had my 1010 for three years and still can't figure that heater out!

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking truck.
If she thinks it's creepy, maybe you should let her ride in the cab.

Here's something you've both probably already done, but just in case you've overlooked it, make sure you have turned on the fuel valve under the truck. I believe its located just ahead of the heater location on the underside of the box. Like I said, you've both probably already done this, but I figd I'd throw it out there just in case. Good luck to you both from another 1010 owner/fan!! Btw, I have a lot of the box equip still if either of you need it to restore yours. Mine is used as an offroad camper, so I won't be putting the equip back in.

m38inmaine

My heater was not working when I got it as well, the fuel pump electrical connection was unplugged, an easy fix. PM sent on box parts.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks