• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picked up an m116 to update my m101

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Perusing the local craigslist a few weeks ago and this popped up not too far away. I have been wanting to sell my m101a1 to get an a2 or a3, but when I found this I
Figured I would make my own a3 out of the existing one.
The guy I got it from said it originally had a generator and a pressure washer on it. I haven't looked it over top to bottom yet so not sure if I will be swapping the tub to this trailer or swapping components from this to the m101. There is a lot of stuff will need cut off of this one as you can see. Whoever removed the equipment cut part of the crossmember on the m116 so will need to check it over real close to decide. I like the m101, but don't like the rims on it and would like to have brakes. Also the m101 needs bearings on both ends of the axle replaced so so it made it pretty easy to talk myself into getting the m116. Hopefully I can get my knee healed up and can get started on the conversion soon. I will be listing the leftover/extra parts in classifieds.

20170716_165542.jpg20170716_165548.jpg

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty cool and that must have been one very specialized payload. I have never seen that jack and wheel combo on a m101. That location is going to give you trouble with the tub as it sits all the way to the front where the current jack is mounted.

Can you take more pics of that set up and the data plate under the shackle?

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree about that jack. I had never seen it either. My plan is to see if that will be able to replace the original jack. Mainly if there will be enough room under there. It is also an extra, as the original folding leg is on it as well under the lunette. That big wheel jack is one of the things I will be taking off if I do just swap the tub. I will take some pics of plate and jack and post them later.

Last edited:

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That was my first thought as well Gimp, but it doesn't look cobbled. It looks factory. Either way, it will most likely be in one of the for sale ads. There really isn't enough room to mount it under the lunette.

Juanprado, here are the pictures.

20170804_172226.jpg
20170804_181519.jpg20170804_181536.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks