• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Picking up my first Deuce

Avn-Tech

Group,

On 05-05-09, I went to Barstow and picked up my first Deuce (M35A2C), two trailers (M105) and an Aircraft Tug. We left early (0600), and arrived at Barstow at approx 0830.

We met with Tim, who took us across the street to the Aircraft tug. We put a battery in teh tug and it started right up, and loaded it on the trailer. Then we discovered the right rear tire was low (Warning, Tugs are heavy).

Next off to the Deuce. Changed the batteries out, and attempted a start. The batteries did not have enough juce to get the truck started. So Tim sugested that he could push start the truck for me. The truck started on the first try, and I let it warm up for a while. Then I tried to drive the truck around the yard, for a chackout, and stalled it. The truck would not start again, so Tim, push started me a second time.

While the truck was warming up, Tim loaded one of the trailers in the bed with a forklift for me. Then put the second trailer on the pintle.

Once all this was done, Tim took us across the street and let us use their air compressor to fill the tires on the trailer.

Then on the road for teh trip home, which was uneventfull. I drove the truck at 1800- 2300 RPM (35-50 MPH) most of the way home. The truck is now sitting in my yard at the airport next to my fuel tanker & Fire Truck.

Then Yesterday, I was notified that my second EUC cleared. Next week, I get to go and do it all over again and pick-up my second deuce (M109A3) and a third trailer (M105). Once this is done, I will attempt to check myself in to re-Hab.

Laterrrrr
Avn-Tech

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was anything MISSING (stolen)? I had cut locks and a tow ring stolen. From people I talked to who are up there alot it is a common Barstow thing.

Tim loves to push/pull start! Someone should get him a slave cable.

JDToumanian

He's got a slave cable, but it's the one-pin type. If I remember, I'm going to bring an adapter for him so he can start trucks with both types.

The last truck I got out of there a few weeks ago, had to be pull started because even with the slave cable plugged in, the starter only clicked. I thought maybe it was really bad battery terminals or dirty or loose connections...... Turned out to be a fried starter.

Tim seems to be very helpful, a big improvement over his predecessor "Dave".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks