• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pickup Needed at Groveport (Spiegel Rd Location) on or before 4/25

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The box is roughly 40" x 25" x 25"
Weight is approx 150-200 lbs.

I have a large box of small items that needs picked up on or before 4/25. Member tbar123 isn't heading that way until 4/26. Anyone else going next week? I can plan on picking up soon thereafter.

If I end up going, it will be 4/22, so maybe I can assist someone else at that point.

gottaluvit

The box is roughly 40" x 25" x 25"
Weight is approx 150-200 lbs.

I have a large box of small items that needs picked up on or before 4/25. Member tbar123 isn't heading that way until 4/26. Anyone else going next week? I can plan on picking up soon thereafter.

If I end up going, it will be 4/22, so maybe I can assist someone else at that point.
I will be there Monday but I live in eastern Ohio in the easternmost county, yet very few miles from I-70.

Edit: Shoot. Nevermind. I will be at Lockbourne at 11:30 and still have to go to GP yard in northern Columbus before 2:00.

Last edited:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, as it turns out I will be going to Groveport for pickup of my own items this Friday April 22 (if I can get them to answer the phone). Let me know if anyone needs small items picked up. I will be in a small station wagon with the rear seats folded flat. My box will probably take up 60-70% of the space, but I'm glad to help any way I can.

I will also be available to preview items and send photos along if anyone needs something looked over.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turns out the online scheduling tool doesn't have any appointments for two weeks. I've been assured by GL that my property will be held as long as I have an appointment in the system. I went ahead and scheduled for Monday May 2nd early am. but really don't have time that day. I had actually already taken time off this Friday...

QUESTiON for those with Groveport experience: What are my chances of getting in for pick up this Friday without a scheduled appt? Will wearing my OSU alma mater sweatshirt help?

I just have one box on one pallet. I'm planning to slide the box in the back of my station wagon and head south! Shouldn't take 10 minutes onsite.

gottaluvit

Uh. Groveport and efficiency do not go in the same sentence! I was talking to an 18 wheeler driver last week that mixed up his days to be there and they told him the day before that they "may" fit him in. He was at Lockbourne picking up two pallets, hoping for the call from Groveport at least that day. Luckily he had a sleeper cab and not paying for motel rooms.

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
not convenient at all for pick up timing...I have a few pallets to pick up there. im just going to pay someone to go.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
not convenient at all for pick up timing...I have a few pallets to pick up there. im just going to pay someone to go.
Per GL customer service the Spiegel Rd. site no longer takes phone calls. I'm thinking of going this Friday and pleading that I thought the 10 day removal rule applied in spite of their online scheduling tool. It is a risk, but it might work. I could show up extremely early Friday am. Will they even let me in the gate if my name isn't on the list?

I think the quote in your signature line applies here maa45069, "DONT THINK ABOUT IT TOO MUCH... JUST DO WHAT YOU THINK IS POSSIBLE EVEN IF NO ONE ELSE THINKS SO. "

maa45069

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL well I would be upset for you if you drove up from TN to end up empty handed. Wait for other members to chime in. they have been there and done that.. I just think to my self about the hassle and the cost of pick up and fuel and my time and it is always better to have someone pick up for me. up to you my friend. Why are you in such a rush? or are you just to anxious?

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why are you in such a rush? or are you just to anxious?
It's my second GL auction purchase, and I'm excited to get my trinkets sorted out and up for sale. I'm really working towards a MV and this purchase is a way to help fund the MV.

I'll probably check into shipping, then wait for my appointment to roll around and travel there myself.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I should be there Monday around 0700 monkeyboyarmy. I have a relatively small lot, so I'll be in the white VW Sportwagen. LOL. I'll stick out like a sore thumb with all the heavy duty vehicles around! Can't argue with 40mpg though.

Monkeyboyarmy

My appointment is for 930. I'm surprised that I didn't getmy confirmation email yet. By time I thought about it today, they were closed. I'd like to get down there early to see if I can get loaded before that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks