• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Plugs

michigandon

Anyone know where I can find some of those little plastic(?) plugs that go in the fenders, or a respectable substitute?

I'm referring to the ones that plug the holes where the "Custom" or "D150" emblem is mounted on civilian trucks. TIA!

Don

MatthewH

If you have a decent auto supply house, like a large Napa or Carquest, they have a rack with all sorts of body plugs and fasteners, may check there.
Also, check out LMC Truck. They just now started to carry parts for the '72-93 Dodge trucks, possible they might have something

michigandon

Hmm, I'll have to check the parts trucks when it gets light out again.
I believe they are metallic.
Bob H, is it possible to remove them without destroying them?

If so, I shouldn't need any more. What happened is our parts truck had brand new fenders on it, and rather than patch the ones on the "good" truck, we decided it would be ridiculous not to just go ahead and install them instead.

Wife managed to do a stellar job of eliminating the radio antenna hole on the passenger fender. Now just need to find the plugs that fit in the emblem holes. [thumbzup]

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe they can be removed & reused.
With a fender off, you could work around the inside edge with a chisel, or use a small diameter punch & pop them thru, and the re hammer them tight in the new fender.
pic of the type of rivet they are, or do a little measuring & source out some replacements.
Semi Tubular Rivet
semi_tubular_rivet_ba1010-10x10.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks