• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

powder coat engine parts

richingalveston

I am considering powder coating these items for my engine rebuild.
oil pan, trans pan, exhaust manifolds, intake manifold, water cross over,

The block I will paint with high temp paint, open to brand suggestions.

Plan to do the long block red.
All the above powder coated items will be forest green to match truck, Other item will be painted high temp black.

My color scheme is red, green, black, green.

motor red, intake green, intake hat black, valve covers green valve cover brackets black.

I believe most of it should hold up ok, I am not sure about the exhaust manifolds. I know you can get headers powder coated and they turn colors (burn some) but don't turn into rust. Just want to keep my exhaust manifolds looking as clean as I can.

Open to suggestions.
Rich

CUCVLOVER

Ok if you have a powder coating place that takes care of your stuff then you will be fine for the most part.
On the oil pan just make sure the don't paint the inside, trans pan same way, the intake can take the heat of having it done just make sure all sealing surfaces and openings are covered. Cross over should take it to.

I would paint the exhaust with header paint if it was me.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wolfeblasting.com in LaMarque can take care of your exhaust components with some kind of ceramic coating. They used to do all my blasting until I insourced.

richingalveston

I will look into the ceramic. I was considering just paint. not sure what is going to hold up. I have someone local that has done all my powder coating and they do great work and are really cheap. I don't have any blasting equipment and that is what is really needed to get the metal prepped properly for any coating. The body I can paint but heavy metal pieces are harder to prep properly without blasting.

All my paint is rapco forest green and I don't think it will hold up to the heat well so I am just looking to do the hot items. I plan to paint my brackets green with the rapco paint.

The high temp red and black are easy to get Just want a green to match my Rapco paint and my powder coater has an exact match. They did my brush guard, wheels and many other parts.

Thanks for the heads up on ceramic. still considering header paint and may just have to go black.

thanks
Rich

richingalveston

I do not know where to buy the material, but gulf coast powder coating in sante fe tx. did my powder coating. My truck is marine green (forest green) from Rapco/Gillespie paint. Gulf coast has a perfect match for this paint.

I do not know about the other colors. Or where to buy the material.

Rich

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have all the powder coating equipment to do about 80% of what i need to do and there is truly a world of coatings out there for different applications, the ceramic coatings done correctly will work very well on the exhaust manifolds, we did a set of headers on an alcohol fueled drag car and 5 years later they look just like they did when we coated them. Do some more research because there is almost nothing that cannot be powder coated, you can even get chrome powder coating and I have heard nothing but great results with it!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks