• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Power Steering Hose Sprang A Leak...

archmark

...so I have a nice puddle on the floor and the power steering pump is dry. Is any special fluid recommended or can I go to my friendly NAPA and purchase whatever they have as a replacement?

Thanks...

Mark

archmark

Nope, haven't fixed the hose yet. It's the one on the low/no pressure side and it looks like when it broke they replaced it with some kind of braided soft rubber hose and a couple of automotive clamps. Any recommendations on the hose? I also just looked at a lube order and it said to use OE/HDO 10, which I'm thinking must be 10W, right?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1/2 id made for oil or you will back in the same boat. Not fuel line or heater hose. Napa Weatherhead h10108 or h10008 for example
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/C...00-Eaton-Weatherhead/_/R-WH_H10008_0162709205

oe equivalent. No pressure but has to be a hose that will not swell up and fall apart and made for oil.

I recommend power stg oil as that is what saginaw pumps like. Power stg oil had additives for antifoam and antiwear. Atf will also work but does not have the same properties. 10W would be my last choice as it does not have the same additive package. Btw, all 3 will mix just fine. Most atf and power stg fluid is around 10w viscosity.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks