• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pressure washing paint off

peecook

tried sand blasting on the M109, went through 10 bags and barely made a dent. was told a pressure washer with 4000 psi and a 45 degree tip would take it right off. just wanted to see if anyone else had any luck with this process or any other suggestions.

El_Guapo

The only way a pressure washer will eat steel is with sand injection and 20,000+ psi. It can break glass at almost any pressure. On a safety note being cut by high pressure water is an injection wound not a regular cut. It has to be cleaned and irrigated like a needle stab.

Reactions: NDT

Capt.Marion

Re: RE: pressure washing paint off

El_Guapo said:
The only way a pressure washer will eat steel is with sand injection and 20,000+ psi. It can break glass at almost any pressure. On a safety note being cut by high pressure water is an injection wound not a regular cut. It has to be cleaned and irrigated like a needle stab.
That's a pretty important detail to note. I guess I can't skimp off on my monthly shower that way...

Keith_J

It is going to take more than just 4000 PSI and a point nozzle to pull paint off of mine. Works slowly on weathered CARC.

Might take me 100 gallons of gasoline to do the entire truck. I'm going to try the sand attachment.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks