• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Price check - axle seal kit

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I don't know, prince's can be expensive. . . :razz:

Sounds like a decent prince to me though. considering what memphis and others get for the parts individually

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can get the inner and outer seals for $9.50 each. I use RTV for the axle flange and the keyway.

DieselBob

If you are talking seals only and not the gaskets and cork wedges that would be a little pricey. As for seals you need 6 inner seals and 4 outer seals. they run from $8 to $20 each from what I see.

212sparky

I have to redo the seals in my front end and starting to shop around for the best price. I am thinking seals, boots, maby bearings, bushings. If i am going through every thing i may as well rebuild with new parts so i know it is in good condition so i wont have to tear in to it for a long time.

paulfarber

jasonjc

Some on here have bought up a good point about using the outer seals on the front also. If water/junk gets into a bad boot it can and will get to the brearings unless you use the outer seal.

paulfarber

I got the seals yesterday and all were NOS still in GI packaging.

Not a bad deal... $50 for all the seals for a rear axle.

I could have lived without the little religious-freak booklet telling me I'm going to ****... but at least the parts were in good shape.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have to redo the seals in my front end and starting to shop around for the best price. I am thinking seals, boots, maby bearings, bushings. If i am going through every thing i may as well rebuild with new parts so i know it is in good condition so i wont have to tear in to it for a long time.
I saw a set of bearings (2) and races(2) priced at $120 at eastern supply. Seemed a bit high to me, but I am new to the market.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks