• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Problem with Search and going to a second page - getting this error message:

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[h=2]Message[/h]Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I was in the CUCV forum section, typed "glo-plugs" and received 21 pages of results. After reading the first page, clicked on second page and got the above message. Clicked on the fourth page and got the same message. Went to the first page and tried it again and got the above message for any other page selected...

Seems I ran into this search problem before the upgrade, but never reported it...

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mike

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Cannot duplicate. Did a search just as you said and went all the way to the 21st page.

How long were you on the first page? Queries do expire...

RodUSMC1962

Patracy, I do not see any means to go to second page after first page, and I can`t reply to a thread it gives error message I don`t have enough letters, even after an entire paragraph.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Patracy, I do not see any means to go to second page after first page, and I can`t reply to a thread it gives error message I don`t have enough letters, even after an entire paragraph.
Same as it was before. The results list provides a 1,2,3, exc.... list with arrow boxes outside the page number < > at the top and bottom of the search results.

As to the error, how is it possible for you to post this?

RayK

I've had the same problem as mikev several times, but sometimes it works OK and sometimes you get the "Sorry - no matches" messages. I was advised by one of the moderators to clear cookies and temp internet files, but nothing changed. Something is just not stable yet after the upgrade.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've had the same problem as mikev several times, but sometimes it works OK and sometimes you get the "Sorry - no matches" messages. I was advised by one of the moderators to clear cookies and temp internet files, but nothing changed. Something is just not stable yet after the upgrade.
Never got an answer to my earlier question...

How long were you on the first page? Queries do expire...
The queries to the database do have a finite lifespan and will expire...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks