• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Product Review - Locking Door Handles w/ matching Ignition Switch

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I purchased this kit for my M925A2 sometime back from Those Military Guys. One of the door handles required trimming for proper fitment. The ignition switch is a pretty flimsy setup, especially the key itself. The dash also requires drilling and the included step bit burned up before the hole was completed.

Verdict: Poor quality items that are significantly overpriced. $80-90 would be a more appropriate price range for these items.

74M35A2

Interesting, thank you.

I see they are allowed to post in the classifieds without posting a price. I have alerted a mod of this because individuals get spanked over doing so nearly 100% of time, but to no avail.

I'm somewhat interested in testing their "160 amp" 24v alternator, because the pic they show is a 70 amp 24v Chinese clone unit that can otherwise be had of the net for $69 delivered incl 1 year warranty (sans pulley).

A little disappointed in that they tried to market the locking fuel cap I brought to the board, as well as made use of the Cummins 8.3L alternator bracket p/n I posted as well, for the above kit. Nothing illegal done though. I do give them credit for painting the Harbor Freight magnetic dual cup holders green and reselling them.

To end, I do really like their ultimate overhead console. I'd like to obtain a blank one to populate with my own sat nav unit and switches, have asked numerous times, but always told they sell them complete only, one time told that a blank would be $600. Would like to see pics of one installed in an M939xx.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If you want a nice door lock setup for any deuce or 5 ton door you don't need a lock. You remove the outside door handle. and go get you a 1/2" long spring that will fit flush on the bottom of the square on the end of the door latch rod. Put this in the hole and reinstall your door handle. This requires you to push in and turn the door handle for the door to open otherwise the handle will just turn and not catch anything.

I learned that by customers not being able to keep track of keys. Noone would ever think to push the door handle in before turning

Then again, the quality of everything in this country has gone to crap. not just that vendor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks