• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

proper bumperette markings

scorpion6

So here is my delima. My deuce came from ft. Hood 2nd reserves 340th chem. Co. Who are under the 454th chem. Battalion, under the 290th regeonal command, who is under the 3??th signal corp. So how do you translate that into bumper material? Anyone?

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is no "2nd reserves" unit, and there are no corps size signal units. There are probably numbered companies and a headquarters and headquarters company (HHC) under the 454th Chemical Battalion. Reserve Regional Readiness Commands (RRC) have all sorts of units under them. RRCs replaced Regional Suppport Commands awhile back. We need more info to put together a bumper number for you. An example could be your truck belonged to 340th Chemical Company, 454th Chemical Battalion, 290th Regional Readiness Command.

However, I can't find either a 290th RRC or a 290th RSC. There are several chemical battalions under the brigades within 335th Signal Command, but I don't see the 454th task organized in there anywhere either under current or past listings. Reserve command relationships can be very confusing as they are task organized purely for adminstrative function, they don't fight the way they're organized in CONUS.

Al Harvey

The left Bumper should read
209th RSC
450th CBN

The Right should be
340th CC
This line would be platoon and vehicle number i.e. 3 100 or HQ 105

Not 100% sure on the CBN and CC or if they would add a space after the C. Our Trans company just had 000th TC

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some more intel

From CARNAC the last inventory entry was:

Organization: 340th Chemical Company
Unit Ident Code: WVN4AA
Utilization Code: A

scorpion6

That sounds correct. Do not have my info in front of me so going off a short memory.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

scorpion6

Another interesting issue is on the passenger door there is what should be bridge info, yellow circle with number 8 in it. My delima with this is that post WWII the bridge plate was put on the grill as per the british vehicles. So they no longer painted the info on the door. This is acording to the military TM. The military did however start painting the marching order for vehicles on the door. So any ideas on this?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Bridge plate on the grill and painted on Pass door, last two deuces that I got came out of the DRMO that way. Also my M1009.

scorpion6

Thanks guys, Al Harvey a big thanks to you, thats what I needed. I was curious if I needed the cbn or G code. The Army used G for chemical from WWII to who knows when then it changed to CBN and CS. Thanks MWMULES cleared that up , Warthog had already informed me it was probably the bridge, but that I may put it out there for others to chime in on.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, it does look like part of their physical address is "army reserve center #2". There is no unit designated "2nd reserves".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks