• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Proper CDR Valve Routing for Turbo

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am in the process of adding a turbo to my 6.2 and am wondering which is the correct (or better) way to route the CDR valve. The CDR on a NA 6.2 pulls from the oil fill tube, through the valve, and into the intake manifold. The 6.5 CDR pulls from the p-side valve cover and into the intake prior to the turbo.

Is it beneficial (or needed) to swap valve covers and route the CDR in this respect? Or just route from the oil fill tube to the CDR then the intake prior to the turbo? I wonder if it matters from a function standpoint and the 6.5 routing method is more to minimize the amount CDR hose needed and keep it clear of the turbo?

And if swapping to the 6.5 setup, I'm assuming I'd have to swap fill tubes as well and go with a 6.5 oil fill cap (which i believe is not vented)?

From what I could find the 6.5 CDR valve itself was better from an excessive oil use standpoint so I figured I would at least change to that.

Last edited:

87cr250r

The turbo valve cover has a mesh type oil mist separator built in to it. I suggest getting the correct 6.5 valve cover and CDR valve . Pipe it in between the air filter and turbo inlet. The air filter creates a pressure drop which provides vacuum on the crankcase.

Use the non-vented oil cap.

You can cap the side of the fill tube if you can't find a 6.5 fill tube.

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The turbo valve cover has a mesh type oil mist separator built in to it. I suggest getting the correct 6.5 valve cover and CDR valve . Pipe it in between the air filter and turbo inlet. The air filter creates a pressure drop which provides vacuum on the crankcase.

Use the non-vented oil cap.

You can cap the side of the fill tube if you can't find a 6.5 fill tube.
That makes sense, thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks