• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PTO wiring question

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all,

I’m working on my winch install. Currently searching for the wiring to plug in the PTO. I can’t seem to find it. I’ve got an M1078A1 and was under the impression the wiring would be right next to where the PTO attaches to the transmission. Any ideas? I’ve searched a bunch and can’t find anything definite.
Thanks!

Ronmar

Well it may be a sub harness that runs alongside the main harness, like they did for the M1079 box harness. Look under your passenger dash for and see if anything is plugged into P210…

MrMikey4026

Did you get the harness with the winch?
On my A0 as I remember it plugged into the VIM and the 2 connectors behind the heater box.
The harness then runs down the RH frame rail to the PTO and pressure switch, then back to the valve module. There are several unused connectors on the harness, as well as in the switch box.
It is possible that the PTO harness was a sub harness, I don't remember for sure? You might ask Colt, he is just finishing up an install.
I don't think that I took pictures of my harness when I installed it.
Yours being an A1 may require different parts/connections?
Here are a some videos I made of my install.
Regards

Wingnut13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MrMikey, yes I watched your videos. Excellent, thank you for posting them. I did get the dash harness but it will take some work as the pins are badly corroded. But no worries, I’ll get that done soon. I’m going to look down the passenger frame rail. I was focusing on the driver side.

Ronmar, Couldn’t identify anything labeled P210. I think you may be referring to the plugs on the back of the fuse/relay panel? If so every connection point has a harness plugged in. Without removing the panel I can’t tell if every pin has a corresponding wire. There are relays in the PTO K37 position and for the engine PTO control K42.

Last edited:

Ronmar

No, not the back of the power panel, there should be some plugs below the dash, behind the kick panel… You are actually looking for J210 though(P210’s partner:)). Just had eyes on mine today, it is currently tucked in behind the CTIS manifold, but I may have pushed it and another connector back there to get them out of my way. It is an 18 pin connector approx 3/4“ X 1.5”…

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks