• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

putting my woman to work...

srodocker

Welp gf's dad took down there deck since it was all rotten and falling apart. I told him when i got the truck shes ready to work at any time you need her. well we set it up for a dump run yesterday. 2100lbs of wood and other junk and 117$ later she did a good job. you should have seen the looks on peoples faces at the dump hhahah. but having a dump bed would have been a lot easier maybe a future project down the road...

she also go her first bath in who knows how long and i also painted the wheels black instead of all sorts of different shades of green. used some engine degreaser and holy cow my engine is SO clean now!!!

Attachments

1stDeuce

Cool! I have used mine to haul two roofs worth of shingles to the dump now. Not hauling any more until it gets a dump bed conversion!! :)

I wonder what was mounted on the driver's side of your bed... Looks like pipe inserts welded into the lower bed side. Never seen that before.
C

Jakob

I recently took over a ton of scrap metal to the recycling yard. That wasn't fun unloading by hand either, but it was the easiest $200+ I've made in a while!

srodocker

oh it did zout!!! thanks a ton! im trying to find a green vinyl paint tho...so i can match for when i paint my truck

when doing a dump do you need to remove the rear pintal? or anything like that?

LanceRobson

An easy way to unload shingles and other construction debris is to put some old pallets in the bed before you load. Thread a chain from the tailgate to the front and put the excess on the cab roof while loading. When you get to the dump have the guy with the front end loader or compacter pull the stuff out. It's get about 90% of it out in less than a minute. You can usually save the pallets.

This won't work at the places where you have to unload into a compactor or dumpster but for those of us who go directly to the landfill, it works well.

Lance

Jakob

An easy way to unload shingles and other construction debris is to put some old pallets in the bed before you load. Thread a chain from the tailgate to the front and put the excess on the cab roof while loading. When you get to the dump have the guy with the front end loader or compacter pull the stuff out. It's get about 90% of it out in less than a minute. You can usually save the pallets.

This won't work at the places where you have to unload into a compactor or dumpster but for those of us who go directly to the landfill, it works well.

Lance
That's a good idea. I'd had that same kind of thought, but couldn't figure out what to use underneath of everything.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks