• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

PY0 wheels on a M1008?

ehuppert

Have seen these several times on SS member rides... I Currently have steel factory wheels that would need media blasted and painted for my "nut and bolt restoration". Dont care about originality as this is a SBC powered, somewhat modified and restored work truck. Running 285 75 16's which are of course a tad big for the CUCV rims but really a non-issue with less than 1500 miles a year. When i put the 285's on some years ago i had to adjust the steering stop bolts so i didn't tear the drag link boot off every full lock right turn!

The PY0's are supposed to be fairly strong, unlike most of the aftermarket choices. Downside is they may have a tad more backspace which will make them prone to drag link interference...

Thoughts, experience with these specific wheels?

Eric

PS: Still trying to source a clean bed if anyone knows of something nice in the Northeast!

chevymike

I had looked at those for my M1010 and decided the backspacing was too much and didn't want to deal with issues of clearance. I found a set of Ford 16x7 wheels that have 4.5" BS. These were pre Super Duty model trucks, which shared the same 8 on 6.5" pattern. Super Duty trucks went to a metric pattern and will not interchange. They offered this style wheel in both patterns. I have had zero issues with rubbing or clearance.

0831190915a_HDR.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks