• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question About Bolt for Power Steering Pump

jplace1011

We just installed a new Water Pump and a few other items. In the process we had to remove the Belts for the Power Steering Pump, etc.

After putting things back together, I heard a rattling sound from the Power Steering Pump. The Bolt that tightens the Power Steering Pump onto the Bracket, Drivers Side, was loose. So loose I can loosen it or tighten it with my fingers.

*It’s the one bolt that the Bolt Head is Facing/Pointing towards the Cab

According to the TM, there’s no Nut for that particular Bolt.

So do I just simply tighten it with a Socket and Ratchet? Does it need thread locker?

Thank you in Advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We just installed a new Water Pump and a few other items. In the process we had to remove the Belts for the Power Steering Pump, etc.

After putting things back together, I heard a rattling sound from the Power Steering Pump. The Bolt that tightens the Power Steering Pump onto the Bracket, Drivers Side, was loose. So loose I can loosen it or tighten it with my fingers.

*It’s the one bolt that the Bolt Head is Facing/Pointing towards the Cab

According to the TM, there’s no Nut for that particular Bolt.

So do I just simply tighten it with a Socket and Ratchet? Does it need thread locker?

Thank you in Advance.

Tighten it with whatever you have, a ratchet with a socket would probably be the preferred method. Tighten it down real snug, you shouldn't need lock tight if you tighten it up really well. You could use blue thread locker if you want, it's your choice.

jplace1011

Tighten it with whatever you have, a ratchet with a socket would probably be the preferred method. Tighten it down real snug, you shouldn't need lock tight if you tighten it up really well. You could use blue thread locker if you want, it's your choice.
I just went out there and tightened it real well with an open ended 16mm wrench.

Let’s see if she holds!!

cucvrus

I just went out there and tightened it real well with an open ended 16mm wrench.

Let’s see if she holds!!

It is a 15MM hex head bolt. M10 X 1.5. But if a 16 fit it was not tight on the hex head. A replacement bolt at a hardware store for that size bolt has a 17mm hex head. Fords have 16MM hex head M10 x1.5 bolts. Just check it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks