• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about bows

hwcurtice

So I was able to get a bow and canvas kit for my trailer.

I have a questions about the bows. They all have a metal part attached on the legs with two nut and bolt sets, but I'm not seeing what they actually do. The bow already sit right on the rails. They don't look like they clamp onto anything.

What are they for?

Real reason I'm asking? I'm missing one and I need nuts and bolts for some of the others. So, do I really need them?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you are referring to the thin strip of metal the wraps around the wood. It keeps the wood from getting eaten up from vibration in the metal pocket going down the road. A picture would really help.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The metal strip around the outside keeps them from sliding on down inside the braket on sideracks. Without it, when the weight of the canvas and any snow load is added, you might not be able to pull the rack back out when you need to.

papercu

You'll need to find some carriage bolts, at very least for the ones in contact with the canvas. Those square head will wear holes very quickly in a cover. Wayne

hwcurtice

The metal strip around the outside keeps them from sliding on down inside the braket on sideracks. Without it, when the weight of the canvas and any snow load is added, you might not be able to pull the rack back out when you need to.
So what you're saying is, I need to find that missing one...

Anyone got a spare? ;-)

hmmm or ask the guy I got it from and see if he still has it.

I don't think I have to worry about carriage bolts on the sides, because the canvas doesn't rub there. The top already has them.

Pawnshop

If you can't find another one you can have one made. Take one of your existing pieces to a sheet metal shop, they should be able to replicate it easily. That part is pretty much necessary!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks