• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about HMMWV front mirrors installation

I am installing two new front mirrors on my M1123. I installed the "RH" on the passenger side and "LH" on driver side as I was supposed to but after installing the driver side it looks like the driver side mirror + mount just doesn't look right and looks a bit crooked or slanted.

I looked again at the "L" on top of the mirrors mounts and could see that "L" on the top of the driver side ("LH") mount is longer then the "L" on the top of the passenger side ("RH").

I am pretty sure I Installed everything correctly, but could the "RH" and "LH" mirrors be assembled incorrectly to begin with from the manufacturer?

Where is the longer "L" on the top of the mirror mount supposed to be? On the driver side or the passenger side? Please let me know if you can help clarify :)

Thank you so much guys, I really appreciate the help.

Attachments

Action

You have the wrong mirror head for the LH side. That head is designed to be used in a lower position. (Notch on the outer side). It will still work but will need to be at an odd angle to see properly.
The large brackets are normally angled forward. And the RH will be seen through the windshield.
there are actually diagrams and meadurements for mounting in TM 9-2320-280-10.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe this is the part number you need. I ordered it for my M1123 that had the driver side mirror lower than the passenger side. I think it was 6.00 from Mac or Am general. 12342135
It was 6.85 at Kascar

Last edited:
You have the wrong mirror head for the LH side. That head is designed to be used in a lower position. (Notch on the outer side). It will still work but will need to be at an odd angle to see properly.
The large brackets are normally angled forward. And the RH will be seen through the windshield.
there are actually diagrams and meadurements for mounting in TM 9-2320-280-10.

Thank you! Was it a mistake with what was shipped to me from the seller?
Would it work if I replace the LH mirror with the RH mirror? or this is completely the wrong part?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you! Was it a mistake with what was shipped to me from the seller?
Would it work if I replace the LH mirror with the RH mirror? or this is completely the wrong part?
You need a 7.00 bracket to make it right. I gave you the part number and I got mine from Kascar. This is what you need if you are mounting it all on the windshield frame and not on the body for the lower mount

You need a 7.00 bracket to make it right. I gave you the part number and I got mine from Kascar. This is what you need if you are mounting it all on the windshield frame and not on the body for the lower mount
Hey,
MaxJeep1 & Action. I got the part and it worked great! The mirror is in the right position now.
Thank you guys for the help!

Nir

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey,
MaxJeep1 & Action. I got the part and it worked great! The mirror is in the right position now.
Thank you guys for the help!

Nir
Awesome! I just ordered the mirror head because it’s different than the lower one and Action was nice enough to tell me what head I needed. Got it Friday from Mac Motors opened it up and they left the nuts and bolts loose and it scratched the piss out of the plastic glass. Called them up and they sent me a new one and said send the other one back when I get the new one. Really good customer service.

Great!
I hate when they ship the parts this way. I had the same thing happen to me with my mirror set from SECO couple of weeks ago. I sent them the pictures and they actually did make it right and gave me some refund. But it was hell to try to explain to them that the set they sent me won't really work on upper position and it could be helpful if they would mention it in their description. But no luck unfortunately.

Action

Great!
I hate when they ship the parts this way. I had the same thing happen to me with my mirror set from SECO couple of weeks ago. I sent them the pictures and they actually did make it right and gave me some refund. But it was hell to try to explain to them that the set they sent me won't really work on upper position and it could be helpful if they would mention it in their description. But no luck unfortunately.
The upper and lower mirror heads have different part numbers. If you just order a LH mirror, you get what they send.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the part number for the mirror in the higher position in black of course. I only knew about it because of Actions help and I almost ordered the wrong one. Maybe this will help someone else looking to do the same thing

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks