• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question about shelter/tent.

deuceaid

Banned
Not sure if this would be the right forum, but its my best guess.A few years ago I helped some friends set up/cook for a church type event in Idlywild CA, It was held at what I believe was a boyscout camp. My question is this, I saw some quanset hut looking shelters, they had a wood framed floor, front and back wooden walls, and what looked like a heavy insulated fabic type curved roof. they were just tall enough for a regular front door, and wide enough to accommodate cots on either side of the center isle.

If I had to guess, they could have been anywhere from the korea to post vietam era. Curiosity has just always gotten the better of my on this item.

Any ideas? Thanks Jason

papercu

Korea and post vietnam era would be canvas anything later would be vinyl. Military probably has a dozen different types in use today that would fit that description. One is
TENT, FRAME TYPE, SECTIONAL, ALL-WEATHER HOUSING,
WITH DOOR AND WINDOW ASSEMBLIES, WOOD FLOOR
DIMENSIONS 16 FT. LONG, 16 FT. WIDE (MODEL M-1948) it is listed as M-1948 but it's not the old kitchen tent. TM is TM 10-8340-210-13 Wayne