• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question for Florida Residents

Gypsyman

So, the wife and I are looking at moving to the Florida panhandle. Gadsden County to be exact. Moving the house and shop will be a challenge to say the least and the cost to get the Deuce and M105 down there is astronomical. I've read that some counties half been a real problem when it comes to licensing.

My question is this. If I pay to get the truck and trailer down there will I even be able to title and license them? If not there no reason to pay $6500 in shipping for yard ornaments.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

Evvy Fesler

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, the wife and I are looking at moving to the Florida panhandle. Gadsden County to be exact. Moving the house and shop will be a challenge to say the least and the cost to get the Deuce and M105 down there is astronomical. I've read that some counties half been a real problem when it comes to licensing.

My question is this. If I pay to get the truck and trailer down there will I even be able to title and license them? If not there no reason to pay $6500 in shipping for yard ornaments.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Richard
Wow, that is a hike! I'm feeling your pain. Best of luck with it. I hate moving!!

Billydeuce

So there is a great option here in Florida. If there are no major modifications it can be licensed as a legacy military vehicle. One time cost of like $65 and you don’t have to display the plate. It has to be kept on the vehicle somewhere (mine is under the seat). With that registration you don’t have to license any military trailer being towed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gypsyman

So there is a great option here in Florida. If there are no major modifications it can be licensed as a legacy military vehicle. One time cost of like $65 and you don’t have to display the plate. It has to be kept on the vehicle somewhere (mine is under the seat). With that registration you don’t have to license any military trailer being towed with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man, that's great news. I'll have to check into that. The trailer was going to be a problem since all I have is a Bill of Sale on it.

If this move happens it's going to be a tough one and probably the last one for my tired old butt. 40 years of accumulated shop to the tune of 4800 sq ft and a 5000 sq ft house that is stuffed to the gills. I'm considering selling or donating as many of the household items as possible. The wife's work schedule is crazy so 99.9% of the move will be on me and me alone. Still trying to wrap my brain around how to get it done.

Gypsyman

Dude that is going to be a heck of a move! For that price I think I would load the M35 and trailer to the gills and drive it down. Take a week to do it on the easy side but will help you exercise the Deuce and trailer, just load the tools last you will probably need them at some point.
I considered that, but time is going to be of the essence, and I don’t think my old bones would take a trip like that. I’d probably be laid up for a month afterwards. LOL!

For the price my transport company said that I can load anything else that will physically fit on the trailer up to 26,000 pounds total. The biggest problem is going to be that there won’t be any equipment for offloading on the other end and there’s no shop on the property yet. If it can’t be loaded and unloaded by one person I’m hosed. If this happens, calling contractors to see how long it’s going to take to get a new shop built will be priority one.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm in Taylor County. After schooling the local DMV here, I tagged a M925A2 ROPS and a MK23 7 ton. I have a M929A2 on the way now. If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know. And a FYI, Gadsen County is one of the few counties in Florida that is blue.

Gypsyman

I saw that it was blue, and it almost stopped me from looking at the listing. Unfortunately, the property has so much to offer that it’s something I may just have to live with. Flying down next Thursday to see it in person.

Spokane proper is blue and I live out in the valley which is red. The only thing I notice in day-to-day life is that a lot of morons get elected to city positions.

BERZERKER888

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Daytona resident and M1078 owner... if you have a valid State title issued there is no problem with FL registration... My 1078 came from NC with a state title...zero issues with registration.. pay your registration/title feesb, sales tax and show proof of insurance ... and that's it.. I thought there would be an issue with a VIN that was less than 17 digits.... nope.

as an ex Motor Unit (traffic)…. if you tag your military vehicle under the 'legacy" provision.. you can only have limited driving priviledges : to exhibitions or military events.. If you get pulled over and do not have proof of those events.. we seize the tag.. fyi

Last edited:

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that it was blue, and it almost stopped me from looking at the listing. Unfortunately, the property has so much to offer that it’s something I may just have to live with. Flying down next Thursday to see it in person.

Spokane proper is blue and I live out in the valley which is red. The only thing I notice in day-to-day life is that a lot of morons get elected to city positions.
It's a beautiful county, just a little over an hour from Perry. Maybe we can get together one day once you get settled in. Again, if I can be of assistance, just let me know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks