• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Question for Moderator and members about frozen insurance thread

coachgeo

It's been closed topic for five years now... Is it not probable things in insurance world have changed enough since it was last allowed; that it is warranted to open that discussion for a year or less? I've no questions myself but am not a Newbe on this topic like new truck owners are.

Just thinking out loud.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To the best of my recollection and understanding.....

The problem that manifest itself so often with insurance discussions was less about insurance companies, their policies, rates, coverage, and such; nor about their many various "protocols" found in our 50 States' laws and legislation than is was about so many posts being made on ways to circumvent (BREAK) those very specific LAWS and getting MV's insured in a way that is - for lack of sugar-coating it - ILLEGAL.

THAT is a major reason that insurance, and how to insure these vehicles became a LIABILITY for the ownership of this website. The SteelSoldiers website WILL NOT be criminally complicit in any such ILLEGAL actions. Hence, NO INSURANCE DISCUSSION.

Last edited:

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I have a completely legal manner in which to insure them in my home state (OR), can I share it? It would have saved me a massive amount of headache and heartache when buying in and prior to securing the insurance.

Most companies out there are categorically unaware of these vehicles and what they are. It just took someone who was truly interested in working to understand them to come up with a solution.

The take away for someone getting into this is that there is a legal way to obtain insurance, at least in Oregon.

If this post over-steps some sort of boundary, please feel free to delete.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I have a completely legal manner in which to insure them in my home state (OR), can I share it? It would have saved me a massive amount of headache and heartache when buying in and prior to securing the insurance.

Most companies out there are categorically unaware of these vehicles and what they are. It just took someone who was truly interested in working to understand them to come up with a solution.

The take away for someone getting into this is that there is a legal way to obtain insurance, at least in Oregon.

If this post over-steps some sort of boundary, please feel free to delete.
If someone sees this post and wants to PM you to discuss it, that's just fine. Open discussion on the board just leads to a bunch of "sh*thouse lawyer" replies from people who don't actually know what they're talking about. And just because you were able to get insurance on your vehicle in OR doesn't mean the next person can. Insurance companies take a lot of information in to account before writing a policy. Much of it these days is based on your credit rating more than your driving record. And while you may have gotten a certain company to cover you the next guys company might not under any circumstances so you might feel the need to steer him to your company.

I'm not ripping on you as I understand the feeling of wanting to help people out but it's just too touchy of a subject to open back up again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks