• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

R.I.P.--LIFER--Charles Briggs

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
I am very sad to inform you all that my father Charles D Briggs Jr. (aka Lifer) passed away today 7-13-2011 at 4:20 am. I wanted to let you all know since he has gotten pretty close to numerous people on here. He is now in a better place and his pain and suffering have finally ended. For those who wish to contact my mom you can send an email to his e-mail address as we will still be checking it for a while.
Thank You,
Penny Jordan

RealCavDog

I am sooo sorry for your loss and totally agree that He is now in no pain and in a much better place. I am new, but was very inspired by his courage to confront his illness head on and thank him for sharing with us all during his fight.

My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RIP to a great man that shared part of the toughest time of his life with those of us here. I hope the enjoyment he recieved from this site helped ease him on to his next great challenge.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RIP Mr. Briggs. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. If we can help, please let us know.

zout

Salute - Lifer.

Please forward Deb and My sincere condolences. It was an honor helping him.

I know for sure I will see you later for eternity.

CGarbee

I will miss chatting with Charles... He and I used to converse a lot on the G741.org website when he first got a M37, even more so when I sold him a takeout engine for it, and then we both migrated over here and continued the conversation without a pause...

I will never forget the conversation we had the afternoon that he spent in my backyard when he came to pick up that engine... You had to have been there, but trust me, it was a hoot...

RIP Lifer.

Last edited:

westechs_wifey

I am so sorry to hear this news....he was a really nice man.....we met when we came and bought the M37......he will be missed and thoughts and prayers for your family.....Rest in Peace Charles

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thank you to everyone for their support in our time of sorrow. My father was a good man and will be missed by many people far and wide all over the world.

3dAngus

Lifer was a real inspiration to me in his passing days. He was strong and good willed even at the end. I just hope I can be half the man he is.

And for SS Admin, I know changes are difficult. When they come about, I hope you will consider retiring the name "Lifer" to commemorate him ( as well as Shootiniron) as a "special" SS member for all eternity, and in a new thread topic.

tnttnt187

Dear Penny, thank you for sharing your dads passing with us. Though I never meet him in person, I enjoyed his post on S.S. His presence here will be sorely missed. Our family will say a prayer for yours. God bless your dad "LIFER" and may he rest easy. Tom:(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks